Rush In Rio Turned 18 Today!

TheGhostRider

Almost 19 years since the show itself. The same time difference as from the Signals tour until Rio!

The DVD recording shows it's age now but it's still absolutely brilliant, a real career high point.

The Boys In Brazil was a great document at the time too. Poignantly sad now though to witness Neil and Andrew. Man, life is short! :(

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 4

I remember being surprised when word came it was being released -- I'd gotten so used to the "four albums, then a live one" pattern! But Rio was the start of a new pattern -- a live album after each tour -- and I was glad of it.
  • Like 3

Probably my favorite of their live releases, and one of my favorites from any artist. The energy of the performance and the crowd is insane. They were at the top of their game on this show.
  • Like 6

I keep misreading this as ROD in Rio turned 18 today, lol.

Wow Rod, I didn't know you could be a major rock journalist before being able to vote!

• Like 1

Almost 19 years since the show itself. The same time difference as from the Signals tour until Rio!

The DVD recording shows it's age now but it's still absolutely brilliant, a real career high point.

The Boys In Brazil was a great document at the time too. Poignantly sad now though to witness Neil and Andrew. Man, life is short! :(

http://youtu.be/jPJzD9vqaYc

It's my favorite of all their live recordings. This is when they sounded their best.

Who was Andrew?

• Like 1

I love this documentary.
  • Like 3

Hard to believe that 18 years ago the triumphant return of the band was released. Vapor Trails was an awesome album and a welcome return from the kings.

I can think of no other way to put an exclamation point on their return.

This was the first concert of theirs to debut as a "One Night Only" Theatrical Event on the day of release. WDHA 105.5 gave you a choice of a free CD, free DVD or free movie poster at the theater as you walked in. I chose the poster (still hanging on my wall) because I'd already bought the CD and DVD from Vintage Vinyl earlier in the day.

What a ride....

http://youtu.be/jPJzD9vqaYc

I love this documentary.

Me too!
  • Like 1