Modern Drummer Neil Peart Scholarship

I like the early age requirement, wonderful project!

I hope the lack of responses here is not a reflection of the lack of appreciation - some times a thread just gets lost in the shuffle, no matter the significance :)

• Like 2

Any progress?
  • Like 1

Hello one and all, I hope everyone is doing well as we continue living through this pandemic.

So I get these videos of percussion playing musicians from around the the world I came across this one. Her name is Nandi Bushell and I believe she's from England. She's around 10-11 years, playing drum covers of various bands preferably her favorite metal bands.

She decided to give this song a "try" after seeing an interview where Neil P-eart said the song is very difficult to play. I air drum to it all the time but I just can't up. It's far from my favorite RUSH song but most people have heard it at least once.

Well here she goes giving it a try and check her out on the Chad Smith Show of the Red Hot Chili Peppers with her dad talking about music.....

Also I believe I saw an image of her the cover Modern Drummer, I like what she says at the end.

Peace

I watched the whole video, wonderful!

Thanks Weakly Criminal for posting this. Pandemic times delaying just about everything, a contest with so many hopeful participants, Carrie's interpretation of these young folks and their beginnings, really great.

And once again, feeling Neil's life in it all, it is more than just the drumming. A drummer is more than just their sticks and playing. Always learning more..

Like, of course an essay is part of it! Writing, drumming, more writing, more drumming.

The poor little fella will be getting a fork lift of prizes! Imagine all the deluxe box sets, super sweet :)

• Like 2

I watched the whole video, wonderful!

Thanks Weakly Criminal for posting this. Pandemic times delaying just about everything, a contest with so many hopeful participants, Carrie's interpretation of these young folks and their beginnings, really great.

And once again, feeling Neil's life in it all, it is more than just the drumming. A drummer is more than just their sticks and playing. Always learning more..

Like, of course an essay is part of it! Writing, drumming, more writing, more drumming.

The poor little fella will be getting a fork lift of prizes! Imagine all the deluxe box sets, super sweet :)

And lessons from Neils friend and teacher. Neil continues to make this world a better place even from beyond the astral door.

• Like 3