73 Was First!! "MUSIC OF THE SPHERES!" It's Now The Title Of A Coldplay Album! You Rush Freaks Like It?

RUSHHEAD666

Hey!

I was surprised to see the new Coldplay lp at Target the other day.

I am very intrigued by the album art and cover. Looks like Coldplay wants to go prog pop but I doubt it.

I own NO Coldplay! They are literally a cold play for my musical tastes.

Am I wrong?

Are there any Coldplay fans on here? They always sounded like pussy pop to me.

Any opinions about this band and the new album that ripped off the title of my favorite section on The Rush Forum?

• Like 2

I dig Coldplay, a lot. They're very personal for me. I get why people don't like them. They aren't cool, and never have been. But to me it's all about the pathos, and well... they're pathetic!

I haven't heard the new album, though I'm told it has a 10 minute epic at the tail end, so you may not be far off on your prog pop assumption Earl! If you want real great prog pop Coldplay, go for Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, the record they did with Brian Eno in 2008.

• Like 1

I dig Coldplay, a lot. They're very personal for me. I get why people don't like them. They aren't cool, and never have been. But to me it's all about the pathos, and well... they're pathetic!

I haven't heard the new album, though I'm told it has a 10 minute epic at the tail end, so you may not be far off on your prog pop assumption Earl! If you want real great prog pop Coldplay, go for Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, the record they did with Brian Eno in 2008.

Hahaha! Thanks amigo! Pathos and Pathetic! Nice play on words!! LOL!!! You know I love that.

Really? I should dive into some Coldplay?

I might listen to some of those older records. I love Brian Eno! Didn't know that!!

• Like 1

Hahaha! Thanks amigo! Pathos and Pathetic! Nice play on words!! LOL!!! You know I love that.

I might listen to some of those older records. I love Brian Eno! Didn't know that!!

I can't guarantee you'll like it, but to me that's their best record, and it's probably the most appealing to Rush fans as well.

• Like 1

I can't guarantee you'll like it, but to me that's their best record, and it's probably the most appealing to Rush fans as well.

Thanks for the advice! I will try it!

• Like 1

They've sucked since Mylo. Couldn't get into Ghost Stories because it was so boring. Haven't listened since. Chris Martin is one of the most pathetic sellouts ever.

Ghost Stories was so woe is me.........dude........grow a set.

lol.....i hate that record.

Mick

• Like 1

They've sucked since Mylo. Couldn't get into Ghost Stories because it was so boring. Haven't listened since. Chris Martin is one of the most pathetic sellouts ever.

Mick

To be fair, what else do you expect from the guy who wrote The Scientist, Shiver, Green Eyes, Yes, etc. when he breaks up with the mother of his children? He's not exactly a fountain of testosterone.

• Like 2

I don't really get how he's a sellout. That would imply that they weren't selling heaps and bounds of records and tickets before... which they were. They've been in the charts, usually near the top, for the entirety of their career. Actually I think their least commercially successful lead singles were from Everyday Life a couple years ago.

Mick

To be fair, what else do you expect from the guy who wrote The Scientist, Shiver, Green Eyes, Yes, etc. when he breaks up with the mother of his children? He's not exactly a fountain of testosterone.

What a pussy. lol

• Like 1

Never understood the appeal of Coldplay..Pretentious

Oo I've never cared for that criticism. What are they pretending to be, exactly?

Mick

Don't get me started on Gwyneth. She is like a Ted Nugent for the other side. Can't stand her elitist privileged ass.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Mick

Don't get me started on Gwyneth. She is like a Ted Nugent for the other side. Can't stand her elitist privileged ass.

Poor Chris.

Mick

Personally I really enjoy Ghost Stories

I think it's a beautiful album, and tender. I don't think being vulnerable and emotive is unmanly.

• Like 1

Mick

Personally I really enjoy Ghost Stories

I think it's a beautiful album, and tender. I don't think being vulnerable and emotive is unmanly.

Unmanly? No. But it’s not fueled by testosterone, just bravery and empathy.

I also like Ghost Stories. It’s nowhere near my favorite, but that’s more to do with how much Sky Full Of Stars’ production annoys me than anything else. Like, you were going for something really beautiful and atmospheric and this was going to be the cherry on top.... but then you decided you needed a chart hit and had Avicci come in and make it sound like one. Ugh. Beautiful melody though.