Best cheap beer

steelcaressed

When you are low on cash, which cheap beer do you get?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When you are low on cash, which cheap beer do you get?

• Miller high life
    • lite
    • milwaukee's beast
    • pabst
    • Iron City
    • Schlitz
    • Any fo'ty
    • Any malt liquor fo'ty
    • Blatz
    • Budweiser
    • Hurricane
    • Coors
    • MGD
    • Black Label
    • Red white and blue
    • Busch
    • Other

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron City is drinkable. I've had those at 3 Rivers Stadium back in the day. I don't think I would drink any other one I see on this list. I'm very picky when I drink beer, which isn't very often.

Edit: Coors beer is also drinkable. It has an OK taste if it's really cold.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 10 2005, 06:47 PM)
If I'm low on cash, and can't afford good expensive beer, I won't buy beer. tongue.gif

That being said, if I was forced at gunpoint to buy one of those, it would have to be Pabst Blue Ribbon! And not just because it's my avatar's favorite beer. biggrin.gif

Yeah, you just like Dennis' favorite. That was one freakin' weird movie... Pabst is OK...

I can stomach Coors and Miller Lite but they have to be ice cold... otherwise 062802puke_prv.gif

The rest of those are pretty much 062802puke_prv.gif no matter how you serve 'em.

Stella is good, strong and they almost give it away in supermarkets now.

QUOTE (plodder @ Nov 12 2005, 07:52 PM)
Stella is good, strong and they almost give it away in supermarkets now.

its cheap? hmmmm

This thread title is self-contradictory. "Best" and "cheap" don't go together in the world of beer.

Of the choices in the poll, they are all pretty much interchangeable, imo. Of the ones I have tried, anyway.

Back in my college days, when i was into the cheapest beer i could find, my beer of choice was Olympia. Couldn't beat it for the amount of beers for the buck. Don't know if they still make that stuff. Haven't seen it in years.

Nowadays, not being a starving college student, (and having credit cards, so "low on cash" is no longer a relevant consideration) I consider quality more important than quantity.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

I must protest BUD, Miller or Coors being listed as 'cheap' beers. They're more middling really. When you're talking cheap in Texas it's Pearl, Bush, Old Milwaukee, etc. When I was 16 in 1980 you could get a case of Old Milwaukee for 8 bucks. Stroh's was my favorite cheap beer when I was a kid; not bad at all. I haven't seen Pearl or Strohs in years, not that I've looked. Maybe I'll grab a single and see how much my taste has changed, kind of like seeing an old movie or TV show you used to like as a kid and realizing how lame they really were.

Did anyone else have drive-in burger joints in their town that would actually bring a pitcher of beer out to your car?!! Hard to believe now that we were still that free in the '80s. We still have one such drive-in in Dallas (Kellers) but they won't last too much longer. So much for my requiem for an alcoholics dream. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 3 2006, 05:44 AM)
I must protest BUD, Miller or Coors being listed as 'cheap' beers. They're more middling really. When you're talking cheap in Texas it's Pearl, Bush, Old Milwaukee, etc. When I was 16 in 1980 you could get a case of Old Milwaukee for 8 bucks. Stroh's was my favorite cheap beer when I was a kid; not bad at all. I haven't seen Pearl or Strohs in years, not that I've looked. Maybe I'll grab a single and see how much my taste has changed, kind of like seeing an old movie or TV show you used to like as a kid and realizing how lame they really were.

Did anyone else have drive-in burger joints in their town that would actually bring a pitcher of beer out to your car?!! Hard to believe now that we were still that free in the '80s. We still have one such drive-in in Dallas (Kellers) but they won't last too much longer. So much for my requiem for an alcoholics dream. trink38.gif

Hi fellow Texan and DFWer at that. I wonder if anyone knows just how bad Lone Star beer is. I'm sure that you have gone a few rounds with that beer.

i agree with you , $10.99 to $11.99 a 30 pack is cheap beer in my opinion, and in this realm, i consider miller high life the winner. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

common001.gif weee hooo! cheap beer !

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 3 2006, 12:48 PM)
I must protest BUD, Miller or Coors being listed as 'cheap' beers. They're more middling really. When you're talking cheap in Texas it's Pearl, Bush, Old Milwaukee, etc. When I was 16 in 1980 you could get a case of Old Milwaukee for 8 bucks. Stroh's was my favorite cheap beer when I was a kid; not bad at all.  I haven't seen Pearl or Strohs in years, not that I've looked.  Maybe I'll grab a single and see how much my taste has changed, kind of like seeing an old movie or TV show you used to like as a kid and realizing how lame they really were.

Did anyone else have drive-in  burger joints in their town that would actually bring a pitcher of beer out to your car?!!  Hard to believe now  that we were still that free in the '80s.  We still have one such drive-in in Dallas (Kellers) but they won't last too much longer.  So much for my requiem for an alcoholics dream. trink38.gif

Hi fellow Texan and DFWer at that. I wonder if anyone knows just how bad Lone Star beer is. I'm sure that you have gone a few rounds with that beer.

Howdy Neighbor!

Actually one round with Lone Star was enough for me!! I'm not sure I would even include that swill as beer, much less cheap beer! trink38.gif wacko.gif

The only thing I consider more embarrassing as a Texan than Lone Star beer is that Connecticut born, Yale "educated", pseudo christian enemy of the constitution that currently defiles our executive office. wtf.gif