Best cheap beer

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Poll: When you are low on cash, which cheap beer do you get? (118 member(s) have cast votes)

When you are low on cash, which cheap beer do you get?

1. Miller high life (8 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

2. lite (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

3. milwaukee's beast (4 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

4. pabst (6 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

5. Iron City (3 votes [2.54%])

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

6. Schlitz (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Any fo'ty (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Any malt liquor fo'ty (5 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

9. Blatz (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Budweiser (10 votes [8.47%])

11. Hurricane (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Coors (13 votes [11.02%])

Percentage of vote: 11.02%

13. MGD (7 votes [5.93%])

Percentage of vote: 5.93%

14. Black Label (1 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

15. Red white and blue (2 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

16. Busch (10 votes [8.47%])

17. Other (39 votes [33.05%])

Percentage of vote: 33.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 20096 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 3 2006, 05:44 AM)
I must protest BUD, Miller or Coors being listed as 'cheap' beers. They're more middling really. When you're talking cheap in Texas it's Pearl, Bush, Old Milwaukee, etc. When I was 16 in 1980 you could get a case of Old Milwaukee for 8 bucks. Stroh's was my favorite cheap beer when I was a kid; not bad at all.  I haven't seen Pearl or Strohs in years, not that I've looked.  Maybe I'll grab a single and see how much my taste has changed, kind of like seeing an old movie or TV show you used to like as a kid and realizing how lame they really were.

Did anyone else have drive-in  burger joints in their town that would actually bring a pitcher of beer out to your car?!!  Hard to believe now  that we were still that free in the '80s.  We still have one such drive-in in Dallas (Kellers) but they won't last too much longer.  So much for my requiem for an alcoholics dream. trink38.gif

Hi fellow Texan and DFWer at that.  I wonder if anyone knows just how bad Lone Star beer is.  I'm sure that you have gone a few rounds with that beer.

Sponsored Post

#22 progrush2112

progrush2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Going to concerts, Drumming, Drum Corps, U.S. History, Music History (Jazz and Psych/Prog Rock), Console Gaming, Model Building, Collecting Vinyl.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

Any Smirnoff is my drink of choice right now

#23 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26537 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

I must protest BUD, Miller or Coors being listed as 'cheap' beers. They're more middling really. When you're talking cheap in Texas it's Pearl, Bush, Old Milwaukee, etc. When I was 16 in 1980 you could get a case of Old Milwaukee for 8 bucks. Stroh's was my favorite cheap beer when I was a kid; not bad at all.  I haven't seen Pearl or Strohs in years, not that I've looked.  Maybe I'll grab a single and see how much my taste has changed, kind of like seeing an old movie or TV show you used to like as a kid and realizing how lame they really were.

Did anyone else have drive-in  burger joints in their town that would actually bring a pitcher of beer out to your car?!!  Hard to believe now  that we were still that free in the '80s.  We still have one such drive-in in Dallas (Kellers) but they won't last too much longer.  So much for my requiem for an alcoholics dream. trink38.gif

i agree with you , $10.99 to $11.99 a 30 pack is cheap beer in my opinion, and in this realm, i consider miller high life the winner. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

common001.gif weee hooo! cheap beer !

#24 RusH

RusH

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

20 years ago, I lived in LA.

Lucky`s beer was my food.

Now, anywhere you go in FL, Milwalkee`s brew{ICE} 12 pk, is $5.XX and has a high alc content.
cosmo.gif  

#25 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 14005 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 3 2006, 12:48 PM)
I must protest BUD, Miller or Coors being listed as 'cheap' beers. They're more middling really. When you're talking cheap in Texas it's Pearl, Bush, Old Milwaukee, etc. When I was 16 in 1980 you could get a case of Old Milwaukee for 8 bucks. Stroh's was my favorite cheap beer when I was a kid; not bad at all.  I haven't seen Pearl or Strohs in years, not that I've looked.  Maybe I'll grab a single and see how much my taste has changed, kind of like seeing an old movie or TV show you used to like as a kid and realizing how lame they really were.

Did anyone else have drive-in  burger joints in their town that would actually bring a pitcher of beer out to your car?!!  Hard to believe now  that we were still that free in the '80s.  We still have one such drive-in in Dallas (Kellers) but they won't last too much longer.  So much for my requiem for an alcoholics dream. trink38.gif

Hi fellow Texan and DFWer at that.  I wonder if anyone knows just how bad Lone Star beer is.  I'm sure that you have gone a few rounds with that beer.

Howdy Neighbor!

Actually one round with Lone Star was enough for me!!  I'm not sure I would even include that swill as beer, much less cheap beer!  trink38.gif  wacko.gif

The only thing I consider more embarrassing as a Texan than Lone Star beer is that Connecticut born, Yale "educated", pseudo christian enemy of the constitution that currently defiles our executive office. wtf.gif  

#26 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2924 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

No such thing as cheap beer for me these days!  Only if it's all that's available! (for some reason Coors Light is still popular  062802puke_prv.gif )

GOD!  We used to drink Red White and Blue like CRAZY back when we had no money! (circa 1979-1983) It was like $8.99 for TWO cases of pounders!

There was also some beer called Robin Hood Cream Ale that was TASTY but you had to drink twice-three times as much to get wasted! (cheap too!)

Once we got a little cash, we would buy Genesee 12 Horse Ale which was like a cheap IMPORT tasting beer!   BUT RWB was the staple! trink39.gif

Whoops...almost forgot National BO (short for Bohemian)  had a buddy from Baltimore that SWORE by it (another buck two-eighty a case beer)  In fact, when we saw the Boys there in 86 they were serving it at the Civic Center!

Edited by Jaminbenb, 27 February 2006 - 08:42 PM.

#27 treeman

treeman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:art, music, mt, biking, ancient indian ruins, traveling, astonomy

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

well i must admit when watching funds as a struggling artist mil best ICE in the 40oz bottles at $1.49 at 5.9% alc that's not bad, but i prefer molsonsa ice ...

#28 Cygnalschick

Cygnalschick

Little Drummer Girl

• Members
  • 5575 posts
  • Interests:Playing my Geddy Lee signature bass, reading, meeting other Rush fans, anything music-related: going to shows/concerts, writing music, listening to music...

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

Budweiser or Bud lite for me! Still does the trick  trink39.gif  

#29 Grandpa Grizz

Grandpa Grizz

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2492 posts
  • Interests:Rush and the Grand Canyon

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

Henry Weinhard's

#30 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

A case of beer here is roughly $40.  ,case of MDG is $45. to $48.00 a case  

#31 Apollo was astonished

Apollo was astonished

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1062 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:07 PM

Busch is always the cheap alternative  cool.gif  

#32 LonelyHiker

LonelyHiker

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

This thread brings back quite a few hops-sodden memories cool.gif

I don't drink cheap beer anymore, but back in the day, it was Southpaw Light when the fundage was low - not too bad tasting, and less than 10 bucks a case  trink39.gif  

#33 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7414 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

Olde English "800" 40s are the only acceptable beer for the gangsta/punk lifestyle... "STEP TO THE REAL"  z7shysterical.gif  

#34 DarkCityJay

DarkCityJay

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

The only shit beer I can mildly enjoy is Coors Light. It doesn't taste like shit; it tastes like nothing at all. It's water that gets you drunk.  

#35 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8338 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:20 AM

i vote ABC BEER!

#36 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8338 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 12 2006, 12:07 PM)
Olde English "800" 40s are the only acceptable beer for the gangsta/punk lifestyle... "STEP TO THE REAL"  z7shysterical.gif

I GRABBED A 6 OF THAT TONIGHT yes.gif

MLK BLVD yes.gif

#37 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8338 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (daveyt @ May 13 2006, 04:21 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 12 2006, 12:07 PM)
Olde English "800" 40s are the only acceptable beer for the gangsta/punk lifestyle... "STEP TO THE REAL"  z7shysterical.gif

I GRABBED A 6 OF THAT TONIGHT yes.gif

MLK BLVD yes.gif

i mean a 6-pach

WHATEVEZ

#38 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7414 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:58 AM

8-Ball rules!

#39 fenderjazz