Best cheap beer

steelcaressed

When you are low on cash, which cheap beer do you get?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When you are low on cash, which cheap beer do you get?

• Miller high life
    • lite
    • milwaukee's beast
    • pabst
    • Iron City
    • Schlitz
    • Any fo'ty
    • Any malt liquor fo'ty
    • Blatz
    • Budweiser
    • Hurricane
    • Coors
    • MGD
    • Black Label
    • Red white and blue
    • Busch
    • Other

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 28 2008, 02:09 PM)
In honor of my dad - trink39.gif

Schaefer trink39.gif

he always had more than one... trink39.gif

cheers to your dad trink39.gif

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natty Light is my "cheap" beer of choice. A pitcher of that goes for $2.50 Wednesday nights at my bar of choice, and a 12-pack is in the mid-five dollar range. I'll drink Coors or Bud too, but if I'm gonna spend much more than I do on Natty for beer, it will usually be a decent import.

Milw's beast and keystone ice. red white and blue didn't even give me a bozz when I drank nine of them once. I don't trust that one. Recently I tried a couple keystone ice twenty-foes and they weren't bad. I'd recommend those to high school & college kids on a budget these days. They're about $99 in most stores and two of them will give you a buzzeroni. wink.gif Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (Lamneth08 @ Aug 18 2008, 07:32 PM)
How bout Meister brau?.....anyone remember that?....back in the early 90s, thats all we drank....

like 4 bucks for a 12 pack or somethin crazy like that

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yeah, back in the 80's biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 19 2008, 12:12 AM)
How bout Meister brau?.....anyone remember that?....back in the early 90s, thats all we drank....

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yeah, back in the 80's biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Yep...back in the day. I remember it well. It was cheap.

Lowenbrau anyone? cool.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Aug 19 2008, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 19 2008, 12:12 AM)

Yep...back in the day. I remember it well. It was cheap.

Lowenbrau anyone? cool.gif

no.gif dazed025.gif too many bad memories during high school 062802puke_prv.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ultra @ Jul 5 2009, 08:43 PM)
If I were at a party that offered only these beers, I would bring my own 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA ahead of time.

We'll go in together and make it 2-4 packs of DFH 90 biggrin.gif

When I was stationed in Alaska and we were running low on funds we'd buy Henry Weinhard's. It was actually pretty good.

Once when I visited my cousin on Long Island he had some stuff called Genessee Cream Ale and it was disgusting so avoid that stuff like the plague!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 16 2009, 12:10 PM)
Once when I visited my cousin on Long Island he had some stuff called Genessee Cream Ale and it was disgusting so avoid that stuff like the plague!

If its fresh its not too bad. I actually will buy genesee products when i am in the area, more out of nostalgia than for taste though. I can buy Genesee here but won't pay a premium for it.

The cream ale is somewhat infamous for its ability to make you fart like a horse, hence the term " genny screamers"!

Pretty sure i have posted in here before but at present time Yuengling is the best cheap beer going IMO.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 16 2009, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 16 2009, 12:10 PM)

If its fresh its not too bad. I actually will buy genesee products when i am in the area, more out of nostalgia than for taste though. I can buy Genesee here but won't pay a premium for it.

The cream ale is somewhat infamous for its ability to make you fart like a horse, hence the term " genny screamers"!

Pretty sure i have posted in here before but at present time Yuengling is the best cheap beer going IMO.

This stuff must not have been fresh, then! laugh.gif

Have you ever walked near a woman who's using hairspray and accidentally inhaled through your mouth and you get that funky sharp taste in your throat? That's what Genessee tasted like to me. I took one swallow and nearly gagged.