Possible Fountain Of Lamneth Show (SPECULATION)

TheGhostRider

Found this post on an old Bootleg trading site. It has a possible recording of The Fountain Of Lamneth live. However it is questionable. The date listed has the wrong venue and location to what is listed on Cygnus X-1 and Rush.com. I am trying to contact the person who created the site however the email is over a decade old and may not be in use anymore.

This is the post in question.

Link to Website:

http://rushbootlegtrading.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-09-29T17:13:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=4&by-date=false

January 10, 1976 Bastille Toronto

Source: Audience (Analog Master)

Grade: C+/B-

Setlist: Fly By Night

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fountain of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

In the Mood

Working Man

• Like 2

Found this post on an old Bootleg trading site. It has a possible recording of The Fountain Of Lamneth live. However it is questionable. The date listed has the wrong venue and location to what is listed on Cygnus X-1 and Rush.com. I am trying to contact the person who created the site however the email is over a decade old and may not be in use anymore.

Link to Website:

http://rushbootlegtr...4&by-date=false

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fountain of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

In the Mood

Working Man

Doesn't sound too hopeful but keep us posted!!

Judging by the description of the sound quality, perhaps it would be best that it is incorrect lol!!!

Edited by zepphead

Link to Website:

http://rushbootlegtrading.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-09-29T17:13:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=4&by-date=false

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fountain of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

In the Mood

Working Man

No By-Tor??? :o

Link to Website:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fountain of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

In the Mood

Working Man

It's a bogus show/setlist/recording that has floated around the net for years. Ignore

• Like 1

Link to Website:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fountain of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

In the Mood

Working Man

It's a bogus show/setlist/recording that has floated around the net for years. Ignore

Shoot. That's a shame. Is it just a copy of another show with a fake setlist?

You gotta' figure that if it were played at MLG, there would be a ton of people who remembered, and thus it wouldn't even be a question today.
  • Like 1

Thought as much.

A shame that period is so seriously historically unrepresented. I guess it wasn't seen as important at a time when there were doubts that they would survive much longer as a band.

• Like 1

I was at a lot of the early Maple Leaf Gardens shows. That was a long time ago, and back then we used to indulge before shows, so remembering if a particular song was played, well....

Shoot. That's a shame. Is it just a copy of another show with a fake setlist?

Just speculation but I think the whole thing is made up, It just doesn't match up with anything in circulation.

The running order is completely wrong even if you remove Lamneth. There was another setlist of this date, using Massey Hall as the location and had Making Memories as the opening track. The story was that Geddy's cousin had this tape or made the tape..

My guess it was someone having a bit of fun way back when, creating a Holy Grail type recording

EDIT

there's been a couple threads on this here's one that will offer up some info (responses #4 and #5 in particular)

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/81117-fountain-of-lamneth-live-bootleg-does-it-exist/

Edited by taurus
  • Like 1

Link to Website:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fountain of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

In the Mood

Working Man

What he said.

Thought as much.

A shame that period is so seriously historically unrepresented. I guess it wasn't seen as important at a time when there were doubts that they would survive much longer as a band.

It is. There are more shows available from the first tour than there are from the Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel and 2112 Tours combines. Doesn't really start to get cooking again until the All The World's A Stage Tour. Caress of Steel in particular is kind of a black hole. In addition to the lack of bootlegs, there was even a lack of news about the band. There is substantially little other than tour dates and who shared the bill and even that is not 100 percent. The best there is is that one Caress of Steel opening set for Kiss. That it was not a happy time for anyone in the band and crew might explain why there is so little, but we will likely never know too much about that period, unfortunately.

The January 10, 1976 headlining show at Massey Hall is confirmed to have happened but the rumor that they played Lamneth or that any recording of this show exists comes from a guy who claimed to be Geddy's cousin making shit up in bootleg trading circles 20+ years ago.

There was a poster here who was at that show - saw Rush from the beginning as a matter of fact. His recollection was that they played parts of Lamneth but spread over the show not all together. I believe him, just can't recall the poster's name.

• Like 1

The January 10, 1976 headlining show at Massey Hall is confirmed to have happened but the rumor that they played Lamneth or that any recording of this show exists comes from a guy who claimed to be Geddy's cousin making shit up in bootleg trading circles 20+ years ago.

There was a poster here who was at that show - saw Rush from the beginning as a matter of fact. His recollection was that they played parts of Lamneth but spread over the show not all together. I believe him, just can't recall the poster's name.

What I find remarkable is that they didn't play any songs from 2112 at that gig, given that it was recorded a couple of weeks later.

But maybe they did? We'll probably never know...

Edited by Lurkst

What I find remarkable is that they didn't play any songs from 2112 at that gig, given that it was recorded a couple of weeks later.

But maybe they did? We'll probably never know...

They played gigs in February of 1976 at the tail end of the CoS tour and no 2112 tracks were played. I have a copy of a high school newspaper article where they played a gig and the article states clearly only songs from the 3 albums.

The cygnus tribute page lists this date as part of the 2112 tour but imo it is still the CoS tour

I’d like to believe that someone has a recording and just hasn’t realized the value or it’s being hoarded but nothing has surfaced besides that one recording. But considering that a new recording from the Fly By Night tour was rediscovered and released just a few years back it’s still possible.
  • Like 1

I’d like to believe that someone has a recording and just hasn’t realized the value or it’s being hoarded but nothing has surfaced besides that one recording. But considering that a new recording from the Fly By Night tour was rediscovered and released just a few years back it’s still possible.

I'd like to believe that too, but I think it's highly unlikely.