Zakk Wylde 3 influential riffs. One includes Rush

condemned2bfree

This is really cool all around! I actually love that he's playing everything without distortion. You can hear everything he's doing, and I can see he's a lot better of a guitarist than I thought he was before! lol
  • Like 2

This is really cool all around! I actually love that he's playing everything without distortion. You can hear everything he's doing, and I can see he's a lot better of a guitarist than I thought he was before! lol

If you've never given Black Label Society a listen then try the albums Stronger Than Death, 1919 Eternal and The Blessed Hellride.

• Like 2

If you've never given Black Label Society a listen then try the albums Stronger Than Death, 1919 Eternal and The Blessed Hellride.

Sure thing!

I have seen Zakk Wylde live (with Ozzy) and he is awesome! I will see him again in February, again with Ozzy. Can't wait!

I remember him walking out in the audience doing a guitar solo that included rare Ozzy songs. I would have rather hear them play the songs in full, but this was still cool.

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 2

He may be a good guitarist but that thing he does in every song I've ever heard where he makes a short higher pitched sound (not sure how else to explain it) is very distracting.

That's called a pinch harmonic. Popularized by Billy Gibbons with ZZ Top, Zakk was (I think) the first popularize using them farther down the fretboard on the lower strings, which creates a much higher squealing sound with an added lower frequency from hitting the lower string to make it. I like it personally, it fits his style of riffing really well and I think he makes it very musical.

• Like 1

He may be a good guitarist but that thing he does in every song I've ever heard where he makes a short higher pitched sound (not sure how else to explain it) is very distracting.

True. He sort of explains that in the vid. In the 80s there were loads of guitarists with their styles. Zakk wanted to establish his own. After he pushed out the many styles he could do, associated with other guitarists, he was left with a limited pallete.