Alex and TSOR

Rush Cocky

Man, I'm amazed at how good he is, in spite of his (clearly visible) cracked hands.

Some personal guitar history and a very nice breakdown of TSOR.

Even though I still can't understand it, being a drummer and not a guitarist. :D

Loved this quote from the comments section:

When names of the legendary, iconic guitarists are mentioned (we all know who these are) why does Alex get left out? He's a true genius, gifted beyond what words can describe. I think so much attention was given to Neil (R.I.P.) and to Geddy's unique vocals and incredible bass and keyboard playing that the average fan might overlook just how great Alex is. He's as innovative and great as Geddy and Neil are. It's even more incredible that he started Rush when he was only 15.

And this one:

Rush was a Player's Band. A Musician's Band. Anyone who was heavily into Bass knew about Geddy, into Drums knew about Neil, into Guitar knew about Alex. But Rush was never a mainstream band. It did not achieve any Global Number One Singles or Albums in the way that many "Iconic" Guitarist's bands did. Think Harrison/Beatles, Richards/Stones, Townshend/Who, Clapton/Cream. Hendrix/Experience, Gilmour/Pink Floyd, Page/Led Zeppelin and more recently Knopfler/Dire Straits and EVH/Van Halen. All of these Bands had huge Global hit singles and albums. Unfortunately Rush didn't.

Sorry about the audio disappearing at the 29 minute mark, but it does come back. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyjJeTpHScw