Farewell Broon's Trees!

Rush Cocky

Absolutely beautiful.

That was a helluva find yesterday, too good not to share.

Indeed yes, I could listen to this over and over again!

I actually stumbled across this looking for an instructional video of how to play "Broon's Bane"

Why? Because my son heard it in the car, and he wanted to pick up his guitar and try it.

He played the first two phrases, and decided his hands were too small to do the necessary fingerings correctly, and he gave it up after about an hour.

I give him an "A" for effort, I could tell he really wanted to please the old man, and he has grown to like Rush (primarily because of my love for them).

2112 is his favorite. :dweez:

• Like 1

I actually stumbled across this looking for an instructional video of how to play "Broon's Bane"

Why? Because my son heard it in the car, and he wanted to pick up his guitar and try it.

He played the first two phrases, and decided his hands were too small to do the necessary fingerings correctly, and he gave it up after about an hour.

I give him an "A" for effort, I could tell he really wanted to please the old man, and he has grown to like Rush (primarily because of my love for them).

2112 is his favorite. :dweez:

You sir, get the father of the week award.

• Like 1

I guess I was one of the few folks who didn't know that Alex actually took classical guitar lessons for a couple of years, and that he can actually read music and sit down and play Bach pieces and such.

I have also heard that he advises anyone who is interested in guitar to start with classical because it will teach you the "technique and discipline" (his own words) to go on to all other forms of music.

This advice is from the most "spontaneous" musician in Rush, lol.

• Like 1