Led Zeppelin: Albums Elimination (Round 5)

_hi_water._

25 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Led Zeppelin II (1969)
    • Led Zeppelin III (1970)
    • Led Zeppelin IV (1971)
    • Houses Of The Holy (1973)
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Led Zeppelin II (1969)
    • Led Zeppelin III (1970)
    • Led Zeppelin IV (1971)
    • Houses Of The Holy (1973)

Physical Graffiti has been eliminated. Sigh... :(

8. In Through The Out Door (1979)

7. Presence (1976)

6. Led Zeppelin (1969)

5. Physical Graffiti (1975)

LAST ROUND FOR IMMUNITY!

Is LZ III their equivalent of

‘ Signals ‘ (?)

Seems to be the album people are

either keen to support or eliminate !

Difficult now as these are all classics.

I chose to eliminate HOTH purely because I love III much more..... but III will probably be disliked by a lot of people because of its more 'acoustic' nature.

II and IV are in a different league.

• Like 2

I chose to eliminate HOTH purely because I love III much more..... but III will probably be disliked by a lot of people because of its more 'acoustic' nature.

Given a choice, I lean toward Zep's acoustic stuff (Gallows Pole, Tangerine and That's the Way is one of my favorite Zeppelin three-song runs) and their heavy grooves (Out On the Tiles, Celebration Day) more than the slow heavy blues stuff. That's why Zep III has always been one of my fav albums of theirs.
  • Like 3

Given a choice, I lean toward Zep's acoustic stuff (Gallows Pole, Tangerine and That's the Way is one of my favorite Zeppelin three-song runs) and their heavy grooves (Out On the Tiles, Celebration Day) more than the slow heavy blues stuff. That's why Zep III has always been one of my fav albums of theirs.

I think we agree quite a bit on Zep then.

I never thought about why I love III so much, but it's true that I lean towards the acoustic on other albums as well.

Which is not like me. When it comes to hard rocking bands, it's the harder stuff I always prefer. Or so I thought. Zeppelin belies that I guess.

• Like 2

I think we agree quite a bit on Zep then.

I never thought about why I love III so much, but it's true that I lean towards the acoustic on other albums as well.

Which is not like me. When it comes to hard rocking bands, it's the harder stuff I always prefer. Or so I thought. Zeppelin belies that I guess.

Right there with you. Most of the time I prefer the harder stuff (like how I was pulling for Killers to win the Maiden one, and I think I'm the only person whose favorite Metallica album is Kill 'Em All), but when it comes to Zep I'm team III all the way.

• Like 2

Had to take II out! Insanely hard...but I can live the rest of my days never hearing Whole Lotta Love ever again - there is nothing left in it for me - and I've never really cared for Moby Dick. So there you go.

Had to take II out! Insanely hard...but I can live the rest of my days never hearing Whole Lotta Love ever again - there is nothing left in it for me - and I've never really cared for Moby Dick. So there you go.

I feel this way about IV. I could do without hearing Stairway or Rock and Roll for a long time. The rest of the album is beautifully varied in styles though, and each song has such an identity. I think it's top 3 for me, beaten only by HOTH and II

• Like 1

I feel this way about IV. I could do without hearing Stairway or Rock and Roll for a long time. The rest of the album is beautifully varied in styles though, and each song has such an identity. I think it's top 3 for me, beaten only by HOTH and II

I totally agree! I feel the same way about those 2 tracks on IV... but again the varied nature of the remaining tracks is more interesting to me than what's left on II after removing WLL and MD...even though I like those songs a fair bit.