Fakebook Is Down

JohnRogers

A lot of virtue signaling in this thread.

I actually had to look up the meaning of virtue signaling. I haven't kept up with current hip words and phrases.

Oh...it's moral grandstanding! I get it ..... :lol:

If you didn't know the term before you certainly couldn't have figured it out by inference using the thread's content, since it's a horribly poor example of that.

Judging from that, the reasonable inference would be that it was some sort of pathology to introduce irrelevant topics one obsesses about into an unrelated discussion or trolling to achieve the same ends. But terms aren't always used correctly when they're not well understood.

I see people doing this a lot with the term "gaslighting." Usually, people use it very incorrectly.

• Like 2

I actually had to look up the meaning of virtue signaling. I haven't kept up with current hip words and phrases.

If you didn't know the term before you certainly couldn't have figured it out by inference using the thread's content, since it's a horribly poor example of that.

Judging from that, the reasonable inference would be that it was some sort of pathology to introduce irrelevant topics one obsesses about into an unrelated discussion or trolling to achieve the same ends. But terms aren't always used correctly when they're not well understood.

I see people doing this a lot with the term "gaslighting." Usually, people use it very incorrectly.

"Virtue signaling" is pretty easy to figure out without looking it up, but "Gaslighting" is one of those terms where the term itself provides no hints as to its meaning, to me at least.

• Like 1

I don't really care what the economic impact would be, we'd all be better off if Facebook had just never come back online.

But, where would all the world's morons congregate?

They'd just go back to handing out leaflets at the county fair.

:lol:

• Like 1

Pay no attention to the attention seeking troll.

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

"it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

troll

[trōl]

NOUN

troll (noun) · trolls (plural noun)

a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Don't see anything in there about correcting the misuse of a term.

troll

[trōl]

NOUN

troll (noun) · trolls (plural noun)

a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Don't see anything in there about correcting the misuse of a term.

If only we could do that for politicians.

• Like 1