Rush.com Through The Years

TheGhostRider

Figured this would make an interesting topic. Sometimes I like looking through the archived versions of websites, and recently i looked through the archives of Rush.com, and at one point the url did not belong to the band. Back in 2001, someone named Bob Ames owned it, and lost the ownership after not renewing the url in 2003 or so. Here's a screenshot of how the website looked then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010210062643/http://www.rush.com/

There was some talk back then about whether or not that guy would ever sell the domain to the band.

I have no idea what happened. But I guess every man has his price. :)

There was some talk back then about whether or not that guy would ever sell the domain to the band.

Interesting. I looked through his website and minus the section on Rush it was a lot of rambling and random information all linked together. It seems like the primary purpose of his website was to argue for the legalization of marijuana, (which I agree with) but that has absolutely nothing to do with the music of Rush. (Except for maybe A Passage To Bangkok)

• Like 1

Interesting. I looked through his website and minus the section on Rush it was a lot of rambling and random information all linked together. It seems like the primary purpose of his website was to argue for the legalization of marijuana, (which I agree with) but that has absolutely nothing to do with the music of Rush. (Except for maybe A Passage To Bangkok)

Don't know about that. From things read and heard over the years, they were smokers of the weed and I'd figure it played a part in lots of the song writing.

• Like 1

Don't know about that. From things read and heard over the years, they were smokers of the weed and I'd figure it played a part in lots of the song writing.

Idk probably. I do remember Geddy saying he thought they were high when they made Caress Of Steel so there’s a big possibility of that being true. Also welcome to the forum BastillePark.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 2

Idk probably. I do remember Geddy saying he thought they were high when they made Caress Of Steel so there’s a big possibility of that being true. Also welcome to the forum BastillePark.

What's the line he uses...you can smell the hash oil emanating from the album? Yeah, weed was a BIG influence on their sensibilities at the time.
  • Like 1

Figured this would make an interesting topic. Sometimes I like looking through the archived versions of websites, and recently i looked through the archives of Rush.com, and at one point the url did not belong to the band. Back in 2001, someone named Bob Ames owned it, and lost the ownership after not renewing the url in 2003 or so. Here's a screenshot of how the website looked then.

https://web.archive....//www.rush.com/

I think Bob Ames was their attorney. Still might be......