Bon Iver vs Bon Jovi

JohnRogers

Bon Iver vs. Bon Jovi   

16 members have voted

1. 1. You can have only one play list for six months, Bon Iver or Bon Jovi?

• Bon Iver
    • Bon Jovi
    • Silence, only the sound of my mind and my space craft's engines
    • Toss myself out the airlock hoping the vacuum of space quickly ends my life.

Elon Musk has launched you into space. You're heading to Mars via a one-man space craft. The journey takes six months. On day three your trusty space craft, Pegasus, suffers a catastrophic failure. To stay alive you must dump massive amounts of data. Adding insult to injury only two of your play lists survived the equipment breakdown but one must be deleted.

Are you keeping Bon Iver or Bon Jovi. Which band gets jettison out the metaphorical airlock?

tee-shirt-astronaut-mtv-black-sublimation.jpg

I've never heard anything by Bon Iver, but it sounds like something the author of this poll would listen to.

So Bon Jovi by default.

• Like 3

Bon Iver is ick. I get why the lumber/metro sexual crowd digs it, it's like if Radiohead hit their head and went folk.

Bon Jovi is ick in a completely different, predictable top 40 nothing to hear here kind of way.

It sounds like this scenario involves some living on a prayer.

Holocene.

I'm out.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Bon Iver is actually worse. Hated his music before Taylor Swift collaborated with him. He's typical boring hipster crap that Pitchfork loves and calls innovative and edgy along with The National.

At least JBJ has childhood nostalgia for me and Miracle from Young Guns II is good just for the presence of Jeff Beck on guitar.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Holy smoke!! Bon Iver make Bon Jovi sound like musical geniuses.

A short while listening to Bon Iver and you would be tossing yourself out of the airlock!

artworks-000158911731-eycrst-t500x500.jpg

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

I have absolutely no idea who or what Bon Iver is. For all I know it could be a brand of saltine crackers, or weatherstripping for your front door, or a quaint little shop in Soho that sells candles. I voted for it because the other choice is Bon Jovi.

I heard Bon Iver collab with Taylor Swift.

I object very strongly to the absurd hypothetical premise. Surely Elon would be able to provide a form of cryo-sleep, keeping me in a pod at a steady low temperature that would wake me up after six months, in time for the mission - which you don`t even bother to elaborate upon :tsk:

I object very strongly to the absurd hypothetical premise. Surely Elon would be able to provide a form of cryo-sleep, keeping me in a pod at a steady low temperature that would wake me up after six months, in time for the mission - which you don`t even bother to elaborate upon :tsk:

Bah, your premise reads like bad Buck Rogers in the 25th Century fan-fic.

Bah, your premise reads like bad Buck Rogers in the 25th Century fan-fic.

You mean there`s good Buck Rogers fan-fic? :lol:
  • Like 1

So, I've been exposing myself to Bon Iver and I find it mostly Bon Boring. The material is probably good to sleep to. I'm sure Rolling Stone finds it deep and complex like a fine wine but if forced to choose I'd go with The Assistant Night Manager - Bon Jovi.
  • Like 1

So, I've been exposing myself to Bon Iver and I find it mostly Bon Boring. The material is probably good to sleep to. I'm sure Rolling Stone finds it deep and complex like a fine wine but if forced to choose I'd go with The Assistant Night Manager - Bon Jovi.

Had you considered acquainting yourself with his music, or at least inviting him for a beer, before you exposed yourself to him? :tsk:
  • Like 1