Cinema Strangiato 2021

workingcinderellaman

Man I know Vapor Trails is a pretty polarizing album but One Little Victory is pure metal and brings the house down live.

VT itself is a good record, but it's bricked and muddy.

VTOI however shines - they shined the brick. You can really hear just how nuanced and good that record is. I remember almost falling out of my chair when I heard the /webcast/ of remixed Nocturne.

We had a thread that was almost 12 pages long on CP, at the end of day 1....folks just reacting to how good the webcast sounded, comparing to the original .

Then the same thing again when the CD/HDtracks arrived.

Edited by grep

Thank you workingcinderellaman for posting this.

I have not had time to look around for captures of the event, and not to be too covid-downer-nancy, but I did not want to attend the local event. I did for the first one and really looked forward to this one.

It took forever for them to list that it was actually being screened, and when it was listed you had to choose a seat...within the first seven rows.

Really Cineplex Theatres? You can't use the available seats within a single screen hall? You have to cram us into the first few rows and feel relaxed to watch a movie?

Will be watching your link now and feeling some sense of presence, very much thanks!

Edit: Dern it all! I should have known it would only be snippets and trailers. And Youtube is limited in its offerings of the show.

I sure hope some day that each show will be released as a purchase. Why not? We love these guys. It's not about the money, it's about the band.

Edited by Bahamas

Not sure now if I got a member email from another account a week ago or so, but I looked around the forums and searched here for this streaming show media link and didn't see anything easily.

Trafalgar Releasings, Stellar Tickets (they do operas, lots of live concerts for streaming) was my launching point.

For $15.00 I purchased the streaming version. Great value.

You can watch and re-watch for a few days until the purchase ends. For me it's tomorrow. And I have watched it a lot.

The "director's cut" or variations of edited scenes and the little snippets between songs are fantastic.

It is basically the R40 tour, but choosing only certain songs and using lots of sound check footage as well as live footage. But the sound track is seamless. It all seems "4K" no matter your device.

It feels warmer, focused on certain aspects. What a wonderful movie.

Losing It was particularly special with the back ground story and the extra story line.

I put it to the jury that Rush should do more streaming of its shows based on previous performances, if editors and stage folks have the time and adventurous spirit to make more money.

It's not gratuitous (perhaps that is opinion) no, it is really great, well produced footage and live sound production that really, really, should be shared. Again. And again.

• Like 2