3 replies to this topic

#1 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

The Red Barchetta

• Members *
  • 37866 posts
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:14 AM

I went to this the other night and it really made me miss seeing Rush live.

Sponsored Post

#2 The Analog Cub

The Analog Cub

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10964 posts
  • Interests:Video games, baseball, and thrashing around on a guitar

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:11 AM

Man I know Vapor Trails is a pretty polarizing album but One Little Victory is pure metal and brings the house down live.

#3 grep

grep

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1923 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:24 AM

View PostThe Analog Cub, on 13 September 2021 - 10:11 AM, said:

Man I know Vapor Trails is a pretty polarizing album but One Little Victory is pure metal and brings the house down live.

VT itself is a good record, but it's bricked and muddy.

VTOI however shines - they shined the brick.  You can really hear just how nuanced and good that record is.   I remember almost falling out of my chair when I heard the /webcast/ of remixed Nocturne.  

We had a thread that was almost 12 pages long on CP, at the end of day 1....folks just reacting to how good the webcast sounded,  comparing to the original .

Then the same thing again when the CD/HDtracks arrived.

Edited by grep, 13 September 2021 - 10:24 AM.

#4 Bahamas

Bahamas

The Seeker

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:Thunder Bay, ON (Born and raised in Willowdale, ON).
  • Interests:Music, cooking together in the kitchen with cocktails, reading, winter wilderness survival, sailing, canoeing, cycling, audio systems.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:34 PM

Thank you workingcinderellaman for posting this.
I have not had time to look around for captures of the event, and not to be too covid-downer-nancy, but I did not want to attend the local event. I did for the first one and really looked forward to this one.
It took forever for them to list that it was actually being screened, and when it was listed you had to choose a seat...within the first seven rows.
Really Cineplex Theatres? You can't use the available seats within a single screen hall? You have to cram us into the first few rows and feel relaxed to watch a movie?
Will be watching your link now and feeling some sense of presence, very much thanks!

Edit: Dern it all! I should have known it would only be snippets and trailers. And Youtube is limited in its offerings of the show.
I sure hope some day that each show will be released as a purchase. Why not? We love these guys. It's not about the money, it's about the band.

Edited by Bahamas, 15 September 2021 - 08:10 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users