J2112YYZ

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 15604 posts

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 19 January 2022 - 03:13 PM, said:

Iron Maiden- Senjutsu (9/10)

Still obsessed with this album.

I read this week that Bruce said they plan on playing the entire album when they do a proper tour to support it. That might be worth going to just to see and experience the bordem of the crowd. Stratego and Hell On Earth should at least pick things up a bit. Don't know about the rest of the album though.

#1743 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 41036 posts
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted Today, 06:07 AM

J2112YYZ, on 20 January 2022 - 12:33 AM, said:

Segue Myles, on 19 January 2022 - 03:13 PM, said:

I read this week that Bruce said they plan on playing the entire album when they do a proper tour to support it. That might be worth going to just to see and experience the bordem of the crowd. Stratego and Hell On Earth should at least pick things up a bit. Don't know about the rest of the album though.

As much as I love the album, I really think bands should ponder carefully if their latest album is actually the ONLY thing fans want to hear played live.

I mean this could work, and they haven't had a chance to really play anything off this yet, but surely even the most die hard Senjutsu fans would rather hear Somewhere In Time played in full

#1744 yyz305

yyz305

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1735 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Cricket

Posted Today, 06:42 AM

Posted Image

#1745 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 21881 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted Today, 07:42 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 20 January 2022 - 12:33 AM, said:

i love this album but realy????!!!  i think that's a stupid conceit of any legacy band.  dude no one there is going for your new album.  they're going to get wasted and drunkenly sing The Trooper and puke on the person next to them, lol

sorry iron Maiden if that's a harsh truth, lol

Mick

#1746 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 21881 posts

Posted Today, 07:46 AM

10cc -Bloody Tourists (8/10)

Mick

#1747 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 41036 posts
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted Today, 08:10 AM

View Postbluefox4000, on 20 January 2022 - 07:42 AM, said:

i love this album but realy????!!!  i think that's a stupid conceit of any legacy band.  dude no one there is going for your new album.  they're going to get wasted and drunkenly sing The Trooper and puke on the person next to them, lol

Mick

I feel the same. I mean a one off concert for a special DVD recording? Totally get it. A tour?

In the UK their AMOLAD tour went down a treat with fans. In the US? Not so much.

I love Senjutsu I really do, but it's a shame they actually have songs like Flash Of The Blade that they've never played live, but YAY we get Lost In A Lost World 😂

#1748 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 15604 posts

Posted Today, 08:16 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 20 January 2022 - 06:07 AM, said:

As much as I love the album, I really think bands should ponder carefully if their latest album is actually the ONLY thing fans want to hear played live.

I mean this could work, and they haven't had a chance to really play anything off this yet, but surely even the most die hard Senjutsu fans would rather hear Somewhere In Time played in full

I think Megadeth did it well when they toured for Dystopia. When they first started the tour they were only playing the lead single live. Fans started complaining that they needed more new stuff. Everyone was loving the album. So, as the tour progressed they got rid of some of the old standards and started adding in new stuff. They were doing five off it by the time I saw them. I think they ended up playing seven or eight songs from it by the time the tour finished.

Now that's how a legacy band should handle playing a lot of new stuff. If everyone is like "where's the new shit?" Then they should listen. But if it's like Maiden where the majority of fans are thinking "that's cool and all but it's too much new shit! f***in Icarus m***********!" Maybe they should scale back on the new stuff

Edited by J2112YYZ, Today, 08:18 AM.

#1749 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 21881 posts

Posted Today, 08:17 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 20 January 2022 - 08:10 AM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 20 January 2022 - 07:42 AM, said:

Mick

I feel the same. I mean a one off concert for a special DVD recording? Totally get it. A tour?

In the UK their AMOLAD tour went down a treat with fans. In the US? Not so much.

I love Senjutsu I really do, but it's a shame they actually have songs like Flash Of The Blade that they've never played live, but YAY we get Lost In A Lost World

i don't actualy know if the majority US knows they're still recording, lol

in the US when you become a legacy band it's a creative death sentence.  you can tour and rake in the cash but your new albums are shiny for a second but......Fukk.....play Hallowed be Thy Name or i'm leaving, lol

Mick

#1750 zepphead

zepphead

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5888 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: love the cat and the duck, 73 rules, not randomly generated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users