Green Day - American Idiot

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

Le Orme - Felona E Sorona

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

I've never understood listening to a band you're going to see on the day of the show. Doesn't that spoil it a little for you? You're about to see the band, save it for the show. When I would go to see Rush there would always be people blasting Tom Sawyer in the parking lot. You know you're going to hear them play that song in a few hours. Why the hell are you ruining it? Lol.

I agree. As soon as I find out I'm going to see an artist, I don't listen to ANY of their music until after the show (has been months, or even more than a year) - I like the music to be 'fresh'...

I don't go that far with it. I will listen to them leading up to the show but about a week or so before I won't listen to anything from them.

Oh I'm just the opposite. I have to hear as much of the artist's discography as I can before the show, that way I'm prepared for anything they might play! It helps get me more excited too.

Me too. That's why I said I still listen to them before I see them. But a week before I stop, so the songs are still a bit fresher when I see it. I don't want to be like "whatever I just heard this song today, I'm over it. What's next?" During the concert.

If it's a case of Iron Maiden doing one of their old school themed tours, I don't have to listen to anything from them leading up to the show. I already know the songs as well as I could. Same if I'm going to see a band like Def Leppard who pretty much just does a greatest hits set.

That's understandable.

Since Saturday:

The WLDLFE - I'm Not Worried Anymore

The WLDLFE - Waking Up Is Hard To Do

The WLDLFE - Repaint My Mind

Astoria State - The Suffer, The Salvage EP

Amor Alive - Long Gone EP

Great album and my favorite song off this great album.

Played a lot freshman year of college and I saw Mott at a midnight show, Radio City Music Hall in 1973, supporting this album.

http://youtu.be/qGdVMpuBiik

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Silverstein - This Is How The Wind Shifts

Silverstein - I Am Alive In Everything I Touch

Silverstein - Dead Reflection

Silverstein - A Beautiful Place To Drown

220px-Station_to_Station_cover.jpg

220px-Low_%28album%29.jpg

220px-David_Bowie_-_Heroes.png

The Berlin trilogy. A fascinating period of Bowie's career.

I've always heard the Berlin Trilogy was Low to Lodger, rather than Station To Station to Heroes. I love all four regardless!

• Like 2

I've always heard the Berlin Trilogy was Low to Lodger, rather than Station To Station to Heroes. I love all four regardless!

You are of course correct!! Lodger was the third and IMO weakest of the trilogy.

Station to Station was the 'bridge' to the Berlin period.

Apologies for this abberation .... I stand corrected!

You are of course correct!! Lodger was the third and IMO weakest of the trilogy.

Station to Station was the 'bridge' to the Berlin period.

Apologies for this abberation .... I stand corrected!

I don't accept it! You're mad! You're a bloody madman!

• Like 2

R-8176686-1456585925-8180.jpeg.jpg

Seventh Key... band formed by Billy Greer, Kansas bassist since '86 and bassist for Steve Walsh's band Streets, and Mike Slamer, guitarist for Streets. Album also includes David Manion, Kansas keyboardist from 2014-2018, played on The Prelude Implicit, as well as a few Steve Walsh solo albums. Walsh, Rich Williams, Steve Morse, and Phil Ehart also appear on the album on "No Man's Land" and "Every Time it Rains", both of which were leftovers from the Power sessions back in '86. Highly recommend this album... great listen

• Like 1

• The topic was locked