Green Day - American Idiot

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

Le Orme - Felona E Sorona

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

I've never understood listening to a band you're going to see on the day of the show. Doesn't that spoil it a little for you? You're about to see the band, save it for the show. When I would go to see Rush there would always be people blasting Tom Sawyer in the parking lot. You know you're going to hear them play that song in a few hours. Why the hell are you ruining it? Lol.

• Like 1

Lots of things on my way to and from a MisterWives concert this weekend:

To start the morning of the show:

MisterWives - Connect The Dots

MisterWives - Our Own House

MisterWives - Superbloom

then

Muse - Absolution

Paramore - Riot!

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

I've never understood listening to a band you're going to see on the day of the show. Doesn't that spoil it a little for you? You're about to see the band, save it for the show. When I would go to see Rush there would always be people blasting Tom Sawyer in the parking lot. You know you're going to hear them play that song in a few hours. Why the hell are you ruining it? Lol.

I agree. As soon as I find out I'm going to see an artist, I don't listen to ANY of their music until after the show (has been months, or even more than a year) - I like the music to be 'fresh'...

Look mummy, there's an aeroplane up in the sky.

PinkFloydWallCoverOriginalNoText.jpg

http://youtu.be/45LXFFOqHsY

I know for many PF fans, that album isn't well liked, but it's easily my favorite. Then again, I'm not a progophile either.

I saw both Pink Floyd ( 1980 ) and Roger Waters ( 2010 ? ) perform The Wall. It's quite a feat to perform this album start to finish.

MisterWives - Superbloom

then

Muse - Absolution

Paramore - Riot!

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

I agree. As soon as I find out I'm going to see an artist, I don't listen to ANY of their music until after the show (has been months, or even more than a year) - I like the music to be 'fresh'...

I don't go that far with it. I will listen to them leading up to the show but about a week or so before I won't listen to anything from them.

Biffy-Clyro-the Myth of the Happily Ever After (5/10)

don't know what it is but this album may be my least fav thing these guys have done. The productions too shiny, the songs are not that memorable.

biffy have gone too far into making at least one cheesy pop ballad now on every album now that try my patience. i mean i've got tons more from these guys i love. so no huge loss. but it's just a shame if this is them now cause i may move on.

Mick

• Like 1

MisterWives - Superbloom

then

Muse - Absolution

Paramore - Riot!

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

I don't go that far with it. I will listen to them leading up to the show but about a week or so before I won't listen to anything from them.

Oh I'm just the opposite. I have to hear as much of the artist's discography as I can before the show, that way I'm prepared for anything they might play! It helps get me more excited too.

• Like 1

MisterWives - Superbloom

then

Muse - Absolution

Paramore - Riot!

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

Oh I'm just the opposite. I have to hear as much of the artist's discography as I can before the show, that way I'm prepared for anything they might play! It helps get me more excited too.

I'm with EP on this one. I typically like to listen to the full discography of each band I'm seeing in the weeks before the show. I don't always listen to them on the day of the show. I might if it's an opening act I'm unfamiliar with.
  • Like 1

Jimmy Eat World-Damage. (6/10)

much like Clarity before it.....a fairly dissapointing follow up to Invented.

for a fav band i never realized how rocky their output is.

Mick

I think you mean Chase This Light rather than Clarity.

Mick

Damage is a grower. I love this album! It's the sort of album you want to spend time with, it sort of fails as a one time listen.

Mick

I think you mean Chase This Light rather than Clarity.

yea....duh, lol. brain fart.

Mick

MisterWives - Superbloom

then

Muse - Absolution

Paramore - Riot!

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

Forgot to mention Olivia Rodrigo's Sour on the ride up. Been a few months since I spun it. Still a very solid debut. Also Jealousy is a very underrated track. One of the few not specifically about that one bad breakup she just had, and a really moody atmosphere unlike anything else on the album, what with that walking piano bassline and the rapped/spoken/shouted section.

• Like 1

MisterWives - Superbloom

then

Muse - Absolution

Paramore - Riot!

ride home

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

ELP - Tarkus

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Peter Gabriel - So

Me too. That's why I said I still listen to them before I see them. But a week before I stop, so the songs are still a bit fresher when I see it. I don't want to be like "whatever I just heard this song today, I'm over it. What's next?" During the concert.

If it's a case of Iron Maiden doing one of their old school themed tours, I don't have to listen to anything from them leading up to the show. I already know the songs as well as I could. Same if I'm going to see a band like Def Leppard who pretty much just does a greatest hits set.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked