Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Atticus Finch - This Is Where We Came From (Redux)

Atticus Finch - Off The Grid

Atticus Finch - View From Higher Ground EP

Still my favorite local band after all these years.

http://bravewords.com/medias-static/images/reviews/2021/DeepPurpleTurningToCrime.jpeg

I have listened to this twice and I will not be listening again.

As far as I am concerned it is a waste of the band's time and energy and a big disappointment.

• Like 3

http://bravewords.com/medias-static/images/reviews/2021/DeepPurpleTurningToCrime.jpeg

I have listened to this twice and I will not be listening again.

As far as I am concerned it is a waste of the band's time and energy and a big disappointment.

That's what I thought when I saw the announcement and realised it was a covers album. I'll skip it.

• Like 2

Mastodon- Hushed And Grim (10/10)

Blood Mountain has been my favourite Mastodon album since it came out in 2006. I loved it so much that everything that came after underwhelmed me for the longest time.

Sure, I now love their entire discography, but I expected BM to remain my favourite Mastodon album for all time.

Then Hushed And Grim came out, and I can safely say it's my album of the year and I'm obsessed with it, and I'm pretty sure for the first time since 2006, Mastodon have blown me away with a new album I love both immediately and perhaps more than all that came before.

Masterpiece.

Is it grim enough for me though?

Blood Mountain has been my favourite Mastodon album since it came out in 2006. I loved it so much that everything that came after underwhelmed me for the longest time.

Sure, I now love their entire discography, but I expected BM to remain my favourite Mastodon album for all time.

Then Hushed And Grim came out, and I can safely say it's my album of the year and I'm obsessed with it, and I'm pretty sure for the first time since 2006, Mastodon have blown me away with a new album I love both immediately and perhaps more than all that came before.

Masterpiece.

Possibly, it's got a seventies rock vibe. Like Blood Mountain if recorded by Blue Oyster Cult.

I think it's better than their last three albums easily. Could rival CTS and BM without a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 2

Origami Angel - Quiet Hours EP

Origami Angel - Doing The Most EP

Origami Angel - Holy Split EP

Origami Angel - Gen 3 EP

Origami Angel - Somewhere City

Origami Angel - Gami Gang

Jimmy Eat World-Chase this Light (7/10)

After the brilliant Futures this was disappointing.

but even lower tier jimmy is Still jimmy so it's good.

Mick

I've heard both of them about twice and this was my first impression of both as well. Chase This Light is good. Futures is tangibly better.

• Like 2

Masterpiece.

Possibly, it's got a seventies rock vibe. Like Blood Mountain if recorded by Blue Oyster Cult.

I think it's better than their last three albums easily. Could rival CTS and BM without a shadow of a doubt.

I was listening to it (H&G) again recently. Gotta get myself a copy. I liked it at first, but at the same time it seems like a grower, which is a very good sign.

• Like 1

Jimmy Eat World-Chase this Light (7/10)

After the brilliant Futures this was disappointing.

but even lower tier jimmy is Still jimmy so it's good.

Mick

I've heard both of them about twice and this was my first impression of both as well. Chase This Light is good. Futures is tangibly better.

Chase This Light is a light, lovely little album. It's not their masterpiece at all, but for a lesser album, it's still full of excellence.

My two favourite Jimmy albums these days are Futures and Invented, though I love Clarity about the same.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked