Back On My Feet Again, the greatest rock song of all time?

JohnRogers

Back On My Feet Again  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is Back On My Feet Again by The Babys the greatest rock song ever?

• Yes.
    • Oh hell yeah, brah!
    • Maybe right after Change by John Waite.
    • It's better than anything with Ozzy Osbourne on vocals.

Try this instead, Jackie, it will put hair on your chest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkOWAL-r_9M

Bah, at 1:06 I decided this was boring noise.

I'm not giving up on you, Jackie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSrv1GnXMM

Okay, you're back to some semblance of reality. Wasn't this recorded by some bigger band we all know?

Try this instead, Jackie, it will put hair on your chest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkOWAL-r_9M

Bah, at 1:06 I decided this was boring noise.

I'm not giving up on you, Jackie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSrv1GnXMM

Okay, you're back to some semblance of reality. Wasn't this recorded by some bigger band we all know?

:facepalm:

That IS the band Jackie. The same one that did a song titled Back on My Feet Again that WASN'T complete garbage.

Edited by Rick N. Backer

Every time I listen to Back On My Feet Again by The Babys. I'm singing along and doing the shimmy with my shoulders.

Greatest rock song ever? Yes!

Feel free to heap praise in the comments below.

Its not even the best Babys song.

Everytime I Think of You is a close second.

Every time I listen to Back On My Feet Again by The Babys. I'm singing along and doing the shimmy with my shoulders.

Keep trying

Isn't It Time?

Ding ding ding, winner!

KTEL agrees.

rock%2Balbum%2Bcd%2Bvol%2B1%2Bfront.jpg

wpid-2012-02-06-15-29-37-anneround2.jpg?w=584

• Like 2

Keep trying

Isn't It Time?

Ding ding ding, winner!

KTEL agrees.

I had this.

• Like 2

Ha ha so late 70's early 80's! The drum set with the 3 floor toms and gong etc - a little overkill for that band, but that is what drums were back then - the more and bigger, the better. Funny story that I think I have told before here. I used to go down to Sam the Recordman in downtown Toronto, every Saturday when I was a teenager. I would peruse the latest releases. They got to know me as a regular. One Saturday I was talking to one of the employees, and asked what he would recommend. He gave me two suggestions which I bought. One was the Baby's first album and one was another new first release which kind of stole the Baby's thunder immediately upon listening to both....Van Halen's debut!
  • Like 1

Keep trying

Isn't It Time?

Ding ding ding, winner!

KTEL agrees.

I had this.

Me too. A great party album.
  • Like 1

I had never heard this song before. This sounds to me like if Cameron Crowe were making an "Almost Famous" type movie about a touring band in 79' - '80, this is the generic song that he and Frampton and Nancy Wilson would write as their big hit.
  • Like 1

Ha ha so late 70's early 80's! The drum set with the 3 floor toms and gong etc - a little overkill for that band, but that is what drums were back then - the more and bigger, the better. Funny story that I think I have told before here. I used to go down to Sam the Recordman in downtown Toronto, every Saturday when I was a teenager. I would peruse the latest releases. They got to know me as a regular. One Saturday I was talking to one of the employees, and asked what he would recommend. He gave me two suggestions which I bought. One was the Baby's first album and one was another new first release which kind of stole the Baby's thunder immediately upon listening to both....Van Halen's debut!

JR just shuddered. Comparing that icky hard rock to the artistry of the Babys.

Maybe if it was Sammy era Van Halen he'd be ok with it.

• Like 1

5150 is peak Van Halen.

5150 is peak Van Halen.

:rfl:

• Like 1

5150 is peak Van Halen.

5mkxup.jpg

• Like 1

You’re talking about someone who thinks Giuffria is good music.

• Like 1

Giving the people what they want.

http://www.therushfo...80#entry4946111

• Like 1

Giving the people what they want.

http://www.therushfo...80#entry4946111

Thank you for not posting the video.

F word is peak Van Hagar.

Fixed. 5150 is a close 2nd, though.

5150 is peak Van Halen.

5mkxup.jpg

"Superband"

But enough about Satriani and Will Ferrell.