Ed Robertson (Barenaked Ladies) working with Geddy on a "Secret Project"

blueschica

Posted by Rushcon a short time ago-

"Barenaked Ladies frontman Ed Robertson has revealed he's working with Rush's Geddy Lee on a "super-secret" project.

In the upcoming issue of Classic Rock, Robertson opens up about his love for the iconic bassist, describing their bond to be similar to that of family. He also shares that he's been in the studio with Lee working on a project he "can't talk about".

"Geddy is somewhere between my surrogate father and imaginary big brother," he tells Classic Rock. "I love him so much. I was in the studio with him yesterday for a super-secret project that I can’t talk about."

I hope we get to hear it soon!

https://www.loudersound.com/news/barenaked-ladies-are-working-on-a-secret-project-with-geddy-lee?fbclid=IwAR3jqTjwvOqHlhb46SDU_P3GVSFbP-2RFqAYR4BGbmaBB5r9l9dbrfYmvkM

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 7

Alex wont join? Should be great either way ! Thanks for sharing Blueschica ! :chickendance:

I wonder if subconsciously if not overtly. That Alex and Geddy don't want their first musical projects after Rush to be some kind of Rush-Light. Given more time, yeah they aren't getting any younger, I imagine they'll work together again soon.

• Like 2

Alex wont join? Should be great either way ! Thanks for sharing Blueschica ! :chickendance:

I wonder if subconsciously if not overtly. That Alex and Geddy don't want their first musical projects after Rush to be some kind of Rush-Light. Given more time, yeah they aren't getting any younger, I imagine they'll work together again soon.

I hope so. But Alex worked with other bands without Geddy, so I'm excited to hear that Geddy has been working on music as well.
  • Like 2

I hope so. But Alex worked with other bands without Geddy, so I'm excited to hear that Geddy has been working on music as well.

Does anyone think the chances are that as time has passed, they've decided it best to not work together again to avoid "Rush Lite"? The thought has crossed my mind.

• Like 3

Does anyone think the chances are that as time has passed, they've decided it best to not work together again to avoid "Rush Lite"? The thought has crossed my mind.

That thought has crossed my mind as well. I think it's more likely that they'll release solo albums because of this reason. Either way, I would be happy just to hear new music from either of them.
  • Like 3

More than a few times, but more frequently over the last two years. It's all about moving forward.

• Like 1

Posted by Rushcon a short time ago-

"Barenaked Ladies frontman Ed Robertson has revealed he's working with Rush's Geddy Lee on a "super-secret" project.

In the upcoming issue of Classic Rock, Robertson opens up about his love for the iconic bassist, describing their bond to be similar to that of family. He also shares that he's been in the studio with Lee working on a project he "can't talk about".

"Geddy is somewhere between my surrogate father and imaginary big brother," he tells Classic Rock. "I love him so much. I was in the studio with him yesterday for a super-secret project that I can’t talk about."

I hope we get to hear it soon!

https://www.louderso...B5r9l9dbrfYmvkM

Bring it on.

• Like 1

BNL utilizes Geddy's Taurus pedals on their latest album and now they want to utilize Geddy.

It's a similar thing to when Alex used to borrow Geddy's amp and then he borrowed Geddy and the rest is Rush history.

:laughing guy:

Post of the month!