The Official "I gots to get paid", er, 2021 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

I think if Michigan wins it's them, Bama, Cincy and Georgia. Can't imagine they take ND over Georgia.

Go Wolverines

Please, would one team I want to win do so and Michigan beat Iowa if for no other reason, so Notre Dame has a slim to no chance to get in?

• Like 1

This will be the most suspenseless announcement show ever. They're not going to want a rematch in the semis.

This will be the most suspenseless announcement show ever. They're not going to want a rematch in the semis.

Who, Paul Coarsebum and the rest of ESPN's SEC jizz lappers? Don't bet the farm on it.

'Bama, Michigan, CIncinnati, Georgia, and fkuck Notre Dame at #5.

Edited by pjbear05

Who, Paul Coarsebum and the rest of ESPN's SEC jizz lappers? Don't bet the farm on it.

"jizz lappers" ain't that the freakin' truth.

My prediction:

Bama 1

Michigan 2

Georgia 3

Cincy 4

That avoids the Bama / Georgia rematch until the championship game. At this point I'm all in on rooting for Michigan (Cincy too but, little chance of course).

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

"jizz lappers" ain't that the freakin' truth.

My prediction:

Bama 1

Michigan 2

Georgia 3

Cincy 4

That avoids the Bama / Georgia rematch until the championship game. At this point I'm all in on rooting for Michigan (Cincy too but, little chance of course).

Maybe the Bearcats can do what UCF never got the chance to do and beat Alabama. It's never a sure thing due to injuries, turnovers, blown/bad calls by the zebras, etc.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Yay, The Jerruhdome gets Bama v Natti, and Hard Rock gets The Wolverines!

I've been in the bar the local branch of Michigan alumni group holds its watch parties, I may go there for NYE!

• Like 2

So much ND hate. Makes me a little sad, but oh well.

Anyway I think it's a little more clear now exactly how not being in a conference makes it more difficult for ND to get in. No game this weekend to prove they're really top 4 material, not enough teams ahead of them lose, and ND's stuck sitting right outside looking in. It doesn't really matter though, this was never our year to take on Georgia or Bama and win. 11-1 and going to a NY6 with an awesome new HC that all the players love? That makes me happy. I hope Cinci somehow wins it all. Beyond losing to aTm, 'Bama nearly lost to multiple unranked opponents this year, so I have some hope they're not the completely unstoppable force they usually are. What I don't want is a Michigan win. Still mad about that 2019 ND-Michigan game in the rain.

Anyway I think it's a little more clear now exactly how not being in a conference makes it more difficult for ND to get in. No game this weekend to prove they're really top 4 material, not enough teams ahead of them lose, and ND's stuck sitting right outside looking in. It doesn't really matter though, this was never our year to take on Georgia or Bama and win. 11-1 and going to a NY6 with an awesome new HC that all the players love? That makes me happy. I hope Cinci somehow wins it all. Beyond losing to aTm, 'Bama nearly lost to multiple unranked opponents this year, so I have some hope they're not the completely unstoppable force they usually are.

I don't think Bama deserves to be in the playoff based on how they played in those games, let alone a top seed. But now that they're in, they won't let the opportunity pass.

It has to inhale to be an Oregon Ducks fan.

Friday Utah gives them a beatdown on the field. Today you find out MyJamMe, after firing Manny Diaz, is throwing the big money at Duck's coach Mario Cristobal to bring him home to coach the 'Canes.

Break out the weed.

Anyway I think it's a little more clear now exactly how not being in a conference makes it more difficult for ND to get in. No game this weekend to prove they're really top 4 material, not enough teams ahead of them lose, and ND's stuck sitting right outside looking in. It doesn't really matter though, this was never our year to take on Georgia or Bama and win. 11-1 and going to a NY6 with an awesome new HC that all the players love? That makes me happy. I hope Cinci somehow wins it all. Beyond losing to aTm, 'Bama nearly lost to multiple unranked opponents this year, so I have some hope they're not the completely unstoppable force they usually are. What I don't want is a Michigan win. Still mad about that 2019 ND-Michigan game in the rain.

Why are they not in a conference? It wouldn't be....GREED....would it?

Remind you of anything?

1200px-Basilica_Sancti_Petri_blue_hourl_-_Retouch.jpg

At least partly because we have multiple longstanding cross country rivalries that aren’t in the same conference as each other. Does it pay less to be in a conference? I’ve never heard of that before.

Remind you of anything?

St. Peter’s is a beautiful basilica, but you’re not wrong. The Church at that time was extraordinarily wealthy and powerful, far beyond the limits of what would be reasonable for a purely religious organization... and of course quite corrupt as well. Still though, it’s an inspiring work of architecture on its own merits.

• Like 1

Remind you of anything?

St. Peter’s is a beautiful basilica, but you’re not wrong. The Church at that time was extraordinarily wealthy and powerful, far beyond the limits of what would be reasonable for a purely religious organization... and of course quite corrupt as well. Still though, it’s an inspiring work of architecture on its own merits.

Ignore the obsessive hate.

Now back to the point of the thread.

Georgia is a 7.5 pt favorite vs the Wolverines

Bama favored by 14 vs the Bearcats

Go Dawgs. The underdawgs, that is.

• Like 1

Remind you of anything?

Ignore the obsessive hate.

Now back to the point of the thread.

Georgia is a 7.5 pt favorite vs the Wolverines

Bama favored by 14 vs the Bearcats

Go Dawgs. The underdawgs, that is.

I'll root for the only undefeated team no problem. They'd be a new chapter in history. Another Bama win would just change a number in a paragraph.

• Like 1