Does anyone have a kitchen floor that they love?

blueschica

OK, I know it's weird, and a first world problem. Guess I should have asked when ILSnowdog was posting his remodeling projects. I'm so confused.

We are getting a new kitchen floor; our old 1980's one that came with the house is too ugly for words. I don't like tile or ceramic (I drop too much stuff, I would crack it.) Our contractor really likes "luxury vinyl" but after reading reviews of it I am really confused. Hardwood is an option, I guess, but there is an opening to the dining room which has wood and then we would have to try to match.

Does anyone have a kitchen floor that they love? What is it made of? Thank you!

VVo1DdVm.png

Edited by blueschica

We had hardwood floors at the last place we lived. Easy to keep clean.

Have you considered indoor/outdoor carpeting? That works well too.

Thanks for the input, Lorraine! I have wondered about wood but didn't know anyone who actually had it in their kitchen. Glad to hear that it works well.

• Like 1

We had hardwood floors at the last place we lived. Easy to keep clean.

Have you considered indoor/outdoor carpeting? That works well too.

Thanks for the input, Lorraine! I have wondered about wood but didn't know anyone who actually had it in their kitchen. Glad to hear that it works well.

I think it's the best. Spills clean up easy, and you just use one of those wood cleaner things. I forget the name - there's two of them and you can buy them anywhere. It leaves the floor really shiny.

• Like 1

I had a new kitchen a few houses back, and chose black gloss tiles with little sparkles in them (the kitchen was gloss white, with aubergine walls, such was my taste at the time). The bonus with the tiles was that my cats loved to spin and chase their tails on it for really lengthy periods :D

Oh, and I had luxury vinyl in the hall of my last house. Seemed like a whole bunch of nothing in terms of the cost : how good it looked ratio :huh: but cleaning it was awesome.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

I had a new kitchen a few houses back, and chose black gloss tiles with little sparkles in them (the kitchen was gloss white, with aubergine walls, such was my taste at the time). The bonus with the tiles was that my cats loved to spin and chase their tails on it for really lengthy periods :D

Oh, and I had luxury vinyl in the hall of my last house. Seemed like a whole bunch of nothing in terms of the cost : how good it looked ratio :huh: but cleaning it was awesome.

Thank you! I love the image of the cats going round and round! :lol:

• Like 1