Dirty Harry - Rank the 5 Films

Love The Cat and The Duck

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Dirty Harry - Rank the 5 Films (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Dirty Harry Movie Is Your Favourite?

1. Dirty Harry (1971) (8 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. Magnum Force (1973) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. The Enforcer (1976) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Sudden Impact (1983) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. The Dead Pool (1988) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6322 posts
  • Interests:Very few interests, but many passions

Posted 16 August 2021 - 10:24 AM

View Postgoose, on 16 August 2021 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostThe Cat 3, on 16 August 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

I agree with everyone regarding the order of quality of the movies being ranked in chronological order.

The order of my favourites is...

Dirty Harry

Sudden Impact

Magnum Force

The Enforcer

The Dead Pool

...I think they missed an opportunity for one more. It could have surrounded by Callahan on the verge of retirement and one last caper to solve.
SE7EN, with Clint Eastwood instead of Morgan Freeman?
Well, for numerical precision, Sixth Sense w/Clint instead of Bruce - like a fever dream after being shot? - then back to the day job for Se7en!

Edited by IbanezJem, 16 August 2021 - 10:26 AM.

Sponsored Post

#22 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 32865 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 01:59 PM

View Postchemistry1973, on 15 August 2021 - 04:36 PM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 15 August 2021 - 11:45 AM, said:

I've only seen the first two and Dead Pool.  Dead Pool is the worst and right up there with Pink Cadillac, J Edgar and City Heat among Clint's worst I've seen.

I saw City Heat in the theater as a kid and loved it. Is it that bad? I remember the audience loving it. I know Reynolds was all messed up physically, but he still got some laughs I recall.

Yeah, I saw it on Starz recently and the troubled production from what I've read about shows in this movie.  Burt hurt his jaw so bad he could only drink instead of eating solid foods which led up to him losing weight.  It shows in the trailer for Stick that came out a year later.

#23 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2124 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 02:29 PM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 16 August 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

I've only seen the first two and Dead Pool.  Dead Pool is the worst and right up there with Pink Cadillac, J Edgar and City Heat among Clint's worst I've seen.

I saw City Heat in the theater as a kid and loved it. Is it that bad? I remember the audience loving it. I know Reynolds was all messed up physically, but he still got some laughs I recall.

Yeah, I saw it on Starz recently and the troubled production from what I've read about shows in this movie.  Burt hurt his jaw so bad he could only drink instead of eating solid foods which led up to him losing weight.  It shows in the trailer for Stick that came out a year later.

I remember reading that in Burt's autobiography (it's great). He got in a car accident and smashed up his face. He was miserable during the production (but he probably needed the money badly).

EDIT -

I was wrong about that - he broke his jaw shooting a fight scene for the film:

Filming began in February 1984. On the first day, Reynolds was accidentally hit in the face with a metal chair during a fight scene.

[2]

His jaw was broken, and he was restricted to a liquid diet, causing him to lose over 30 pounds by the time filming wrapped. His condition made headlines in the

tabloids

, which speculated he had

AIDS

[9][10]

Edited by chemistry1973, 16 August 2021 - 02:32 PM.

#24 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 98994 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 05:03 PM

View Postchemistry1973, on 16 August 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 16 August 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

I remember reading that in Burt's autobiography (it's great). He got in a car accident and smashed up his face. He was miserable during the production (but he probably needed the money badly).

EDIT -

I was wrong about that - he broke his jaw shooting a fight scene for the film:

Filming began in February 1984. On the first day, Reynolds was accidentally hit in the face with a metal chair during a fight scene.
[2]

His jaw was broken, and he was restricted to a liquid diet, causing him to lose over 30 pounds by the time filming wrapped. His condition made headlines in the
tabloids

, which speculated he had
AIDS

[9][10]

You should read the thread more carefully, I talked about this in an earlier post.

#25 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2124 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 02:56 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 15 August 2021 - 06:53 PM, said:

Didn't he get his jaw broken when he was hit in the face with a chair during a fight sequence for the film? And then had to go on a liquid diet and lost a ton of weight?

Sorry missed this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Love The Cat and The Duck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users