Jump to content


The 2021 NFL thread


  • Please log in to reply
845 replies to this topic

#81 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 41962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:32 PM

Despite the loss clearly the Alabama NFL Training Camp was good for Mac Jones.

Sponsored Post

#82 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 94474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:39 PM

Brady had a mediocre game at best, Belichick made a poor decision at the end of the game, and the Cheatriots are now 1-3...could have been worse.

Edited by laughedatbytime, 03 October 2021 - 10:41 PM.


#83 edhunter

edhunter

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 8475 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:48 PM

DOINK

#84 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5124 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:27 AM

Bwahaha, and the useless Pussyfish, err, Dolphins, play the Bucs next week.

#85 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7983 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:30 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 October 2021 - 02:15 PM, said:

The Dolphins are the most f***ing useless organization to ever exist.

That includes the Lions and Jets.
No. Those two are worse, especially the Lions.

#86 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7983 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:35 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 03 October 2021 - 10:32 PM, said:

Despite the loss clearly the Alabama NFL Training Camp was good for Mac Jones.
The Niners are going to regret not staying put and taking him rather than trading a shitload of picks to move up for Trey Lance imo. Jones reminds me of Matt Hasselbeck, not the greatest arm but not weak and very accurate. The Evil Hoody can and likely will win with him.

#87 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 36934 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:38 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 October 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

Brady had a mediocre game at best, Belichick made a poor decision at the end of the game, and the Cheatriots are now 1-3...could have been worse.

To be honest, I expected them to get blown out.  But the defense seemed to be up to the challenge of playing against the greatest NFL player of all time, and Jones looked very solid, against an admittedly diminished Bucs D.  This won't be their year, but next year or the year after might be.  It's been a long time, so I hope so.

#88 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 94474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:40 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 06 October 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 October 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

Brady had a mediocre game at best, Belichick made a poor decision at the end of the game, and the Cheatriots are now 1-3...could have been worse.

To be honest, I expected them to get blown out.  But the defense seemed to be up to the challenge of playing against the greatest NFL player of all time, and Jones looked very solid, against an admittedly diminished Bucs D.  This won't be their year, but next year or the year after might be.  It's been a long time, so I hope so.
Who were you cheering for?   Serious question.

#89 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 36934 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:28 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 06 October 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 06 October 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 October 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

Brady had a mediocre game at best, Belichick made a poor decision at the end of the game, and the Cheatriots are now 1-3...could have been worse.

To be honest, I expected them to get blown out.  But the defense seemed to be up to the challenge of playing against the greatest NFL player of all time, and Jones looked very solid, against an admittedly diminished Bucs D.  This won't be their year, but next year or the year after might be.  It's been a long time, so I hope so.
Who were you cheering for?   Serious question.

Serious answer.  I love Brady.  I think a lot of the hatred of him is because he's kind of a weirdo, and because the rest of the country understandably got tired of seeing him in the post-season.  But I am a Patriots fan.  After the kickoff, I wanted to see the Patriots to win.  I wouldn't want to have seen him humiliated though, by, say, having a 4 INT game or something like that.

#90 78jazz

78jazz

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1035 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MidWest U.S.

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:19 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 06 October 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

I think a lot of the hatred of him is because he's kind of a weirdo

There also seems to be something of a cult of personality around him (LeBron James is in a similar spot and Pat Mahomes may be next in line) because of his ability to play a game. Football is not that important in the grand scheme of life. Not even close.

#91 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 94474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:43 AM

View Post78jazz, on 07 October 2021 - 03:19 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 06 October 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

I think a lot of the hatred of him is because he's kind of a weirdo

There also seems to be something of a cult of personality around him (LeBron James is in a similar spot and Pat Mahomes may be next in line) because of his ability to play a game. Football is not that important in the grand scheme of life. Not even close.
Well, that came out of nowhere, and addressed a point no one was trying to make.

#92 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 34184 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:41 PM

4-1!

Posted Image

I should be grateful I don't have Fox on Roku so I can avoid Joe Suck.

#93 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7983 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:26 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 07 October 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

4-1!

Posted Image


Dear Pete Carroll: For the love of God and for whatever legacy you have left, PLEASE retire.

#94 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9990 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 08 October 2021 - 08:42 AM

Mac Jones looks good  (Patriots new Quarterback).   He just needs Practice, practice, practice.   He'll be great.    :notworthy:

#95 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5124 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 08 October 2021 - 09:52 AM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 08 October 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 07 October 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

4-1!

Posted Image


Dear Pete Carroll: For the love of God and for whatever legacy you have left, PLEASE retire.
Whatver legacy left, indeed.  Some appropriate funeral music:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=XZUB4k9bQeo

#96 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 82483 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:46 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 08 October 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 07 October 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

4-1!

Posted Image


Dear Pete Carroll: For the love of God and for whatever legacy you have left, PLEASE retire.
:lol:

Has any other NFL coach achieved less with so much talent?

#97 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 94474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:57 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 October 2021 - 05:46 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 08 October 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 07 October 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

4-1!

Posted Image


Dear Pete Carroll: For the love of God and for whatever legacy you have left, PLEASE retire.
:lol:

Has any other NFL coach achieved less with so much talent?
Norv

#98 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14552 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 10 October 2021 - 03:52 PM

Packers 25
Bengals 22


Posted Image

#99 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 82483 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 10 October 2021 - 05:55 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 10 October 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

Packers 25
Bengals 22


Posted Image
Spread was 3.5.  Four missed field goals.  :facepalm:

#100 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 18974 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 10 October 2021 - 06:32 PM

Bucs filet the Fins
45-17
Move up to 4-1 on the season.
Miami slips to 1-4
Tampa has a short week as they travel to Philly for a Thursday night game...

Go Bucs :madra:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users