The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

So then, anyone else hear Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott blaming the officials for yesterday's loss?

First of all, without Jimmy G and his penchant for endlessly fukking up, you're never in that game. Secondly, you're doing what all losers do, blaming someone else for your ineptitude. You were utterly outplayed, you screwed up numerous times, you were penalized 14 times tying a record for as playoff game and as I said, without the gifts from Jimmy, you lose by 2 TDs. Shut the fukk up and go away for the now 26th straight year of not even making the Super Bowl let alone winning it, losers.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

So then, anyone else hear Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott blaming the officials for yesterday's loss?

First of all, without Jimmy G and his penchant for endlessly fukking up, you're never in that game. Secondly, you're doing what all losers do, blaming someone else for your ineptitude. You were utterly outplayed, you screwed up numerous times, you were penalized 14 times tying a record for as playoff game and as I said, without the gifts from Jimmy, you lose by 2 TDs. Shut the fukk up and go away for the now 26th straight year of not even making the Super Bowl let alone winning it, losers.

The refs? Yeah right.

The last play showed a lack of intelligence, let alone execution. There's a reason that little area downfield in the center was open for Dak to run while the clock expired. And as everyone knows the REF has to set the ball, not your center. Plus, yknow, everything you said... But the fact is running less might have given them a second or two to take a shot at the end zone, which of course there's no guarantee they would have succeeded on.

• Like 2

Here's is one Washington Post reader's opinion about the Cowboys' head coach:

I always though that Mike McCarthy was bit overrated. Sure he has a Superbowl win in his resume, but only because he was coach of one Brett Farve at the peak of his football skills...you could take any one of the coaches that have been unceremoniously fired in past 20 years and win a Superbowl with that team...even Lane Kiffin, Gus Bradley or Marty Mornhinweg to name a few.

I just had to reply to that wonderful post with:

Don't forget that McCarthy's Super Bowl Champion Packers also had James Lofton and Reggie White....

:7up: :7up: :7up:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 4

Here's is one Washington Post reader's opinion about the Cowboys' head coach:

I always though that Mike McCarthy was bit overrated. Sure he has a Superbowl win in his resume, but only because he was coach of one Brett Farve at the peak of his football skills...you could take any one of the coaches that have been unceremoniously fired in past 20 years and win a Superbowl with that team...even Lane Kiffin, Gus Bradley or Marty Mornhinweg to name a few.

I just had to reply to that wonderful post with:

Don't forget that McCarthy's Super Bowl Champion Packers also had James Lofton and Reggie White....

:7up: :7up: :7up:

And Don Hutson and Tiny Engebretsen.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

The refs? Yeah right.

The last play showed a lack of intelligence, let alone execution. There's a reason that little area downfield in the center was open for Dak to run while the clock expired. And as everyone knows the REF has to set the ball, not your center. Plus, yknow, everything you said... But the fact is running less might have given them a second or two to take a shot at the end zone, which of course there's no guarantee they would have succeeded on.

If the Cowboys had showed up for the first 10 min's of the game, they wouldn't have needed them at the end. This is something that's been going on here for about a decade now spanning three coaching eras. It's like the players here expect the star on their helmet to win the game for them. It's management/ownership and the country club atmosphere they create.

• Like 5

The refs? Yeah right.

If the Cowboys had showed up for the first 10 min's of the game, they wouldn't have needed them at the end. This is something that's been going on here for about a decade now spanning three coaching eras. It's like the players here expect the star on their helmet to win the game for them. It's management/ownership and the country club atmosphere they create.

100%

Jerruh, the problem is obvious but apparently you have no mirrors in the house to see it.

• Like 2

So happy for JJ Watt's return to the field and his 1 (one) tackle last night.

The Cardinals wisely gave a bajillion dollars to Watt to play less than half the regular season and get 1 (one) tackle in the playoff game. :eyeroll:

Edited by Principled Man

The refs? Yeah right.

100%

Jerruh, the problem is obvious but apparently you have no mirrors in the house to see it.

I am a 50+ year die hard Cowboys fan. I am gutted by that pathetic, inept, undisciplined performance. Dak lost my respect by condoning the throwing of garbage at the refs. Not sure how two false starts AT HOME in the first series is the refs fault. I was a big supporter of Dak, but blaming the refs when he absolutely stunk in this "Super Bowl or bust" playoff game, is the final straw. Man do I miss Romo! Why did he have to get hurt? Dak would have been a back-up and not a $40 million dollar noose around our necks. The team looks like a bunch of whiners right now and that starts with the head coach who constantly blames the refs. They were not prepared at all for this game. How about that wonderful post fake punt debacle. What a freaking joke! Fu#$@$#%ck!!!

• Like 1

The refs? Yeah right.

100%

Dak lost my respect by condoning the throwing of garbage at the refs.

I have had nothing to say about Dak but good things despite despising the team he plays for. However, that was inexcusable and I think it sadly may have told us more about the person than we realized. Blaming the refs for the loss was a fukking joke and then to make it worse by saying what he did about throwing crap at the refs tells me this guy may not be as decent as he's tried to appear to be.

The refs? Yeah right.

100%

I am a 50+ year die hard Cowboys fan. I am gutted by that pathetic, inept, undisciplined performance. Dak lost my respect by condoning the throwing of garbage at the refs. Not sure how two false starts AT HOME in the first series is the refs fault. I was a big supporter of Dak, but blaming the refs when he absolutely stunk in this "Super Bowl or bust" playoff game, is the final straw. Man do I miss Romo! Why did he have to get hurt? Dak would have been a back-up and not a $40 million dollar noose around our necks. The team looks like a bunch of whiners right now and that starts with the head coach who constantly blames the refs. They were not prepared at all for this game. How about that wonderful post fake punt debacle. What a freaking joke! Fu#$@$#%ck!!!

I'm done with the Boise St. trick plays already. Somebody hire Kellen Moore please.

• Like 2

wow, no one else is even close. I guess getting to six Super Bowls helps the cause.

Wait, they WON six, got to four others, right?

Starting with the 2000 season, the Patriots are 6-3 in the Super Bowl. Their complete record is 6-5.

• Like 1

wow, no one else is even close. I guess getting to six Super Bowls helps the cause.

No

Starting with the 2000 season, the Patriots are 6-3 in the Super Bowl. Their complete record is 6-5.

And oddly all three losses to the NFC East, and Cowboys not involved.

• Like 1

You'd kick a man when he's down, wouldn't you? Or boo Santa Claus? Throw batteries at JD Drew?

Humiliations galore.

• Like 1

You'd kick a man when he's down, wouldn't you? Or boo Santa Claus? Throw batteries at JD Drew?

Humiliations galore.

We didnt just boo him, we threw snowballs at him, and he deserved it. Well not the poor slob playing Santa, but the team for trotting out a skinny emaciated Santa during a rough time for the team lol.

Batteries were out of order, but f-ck JD Drew. Hahahaaa.

At least we lost to them once, aren't the Giants 2-0 against NE in the Super Bowl? Of course if SF knew how to properly field a punt NY wouldnt have even made it in that one year.

I remember when Dallas and Washington were dominant (in Dallas's case the two major waves of awesomeness 70s and the later team in late 80s). The "WFT" are just pathetic in every way. Dallas in a way seems worse because they seem to have the potential to do much better, way better, then fall short. I call that being Eagle-esque hahahahaaaa.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 2

Of course if SF knew how to properly field a punt NY wouldn't have even made it in that one year.

If the 2010 Giants had known how to kick away from Desean Jackson with 0:14 left in Week 15, the Packers don't make it in..... :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Of course if SF knew how to properly field a punt NY wouldn't have even made it in that one year.

If the 2010 Giants had known how to kick away from Desean Jackson with 0:14 left in Week 15, the Packers don't make it in..... :laughing guy:

Excellent memory.

Excellent memory.

We Packer fans still get the "Your 2010 team was a fluke!" arguments. "If team X hadn't done Y, you're not even in the playoffs! Nothing but LUCK!"

Nevermind all the other games all season long that collectively created the post-season....that ONE PLAY did everything for you! :lol:

• Like 1

Excellent memory.

We Packer fans still get the "Your 2010 team was a fluke!" arguments. "If team X hadn't done Y, you're not even in the playoffs! Nothing but LUCK!"

Nevermind all the other games all season long that collectively created the post-season....that ONE PLAY did everything for you! :lol:

I dont buy the "If your aunt had balls shed be your uncle" arguments in sports. If doesnt matter - what matters is what you did and what you did that day. The possible exception is a really bad call by a ref.

• Like 1

Humiliations galore.

We didnt just boo him, we threw snowballs at him, and he deserved it. Well not the poor slob playing Santa, but the team for trotting out a skinny emaciated Santa during a rough time for the team lol.

Batteries were out of order, but f-ck JD Drew. Hahahaaa.

At least we lost to them once, aren't the Giants 2-0 against NE in the Super Bowl? Of course if SF knew how to properly field a punt NY wouldnt have even made it in that one year.

I remember when Dallas and Washington were dominant (in Dallas's case the two major waves of awesomeness 70s and the later team in late 80s). The "WFT" are just pathetic in every way. Dallas in a way seems worse because they seem to have the potential to do much better, way better, then fall short. I call that being Eagle-esque hahahahaaaa.

Don't forget cheering when Michael Irvin was immobile on the turf!

The refs? Yeah right.

100%

I'm done with the Boise St. trick plays already. Somebody hire Kellen Moore please.

I wonder if any team sees him as a head coach right now. The play calling was awful this year. Lamb should have been our Deebo for one.

• Like 2

Excellent memory.

I dont buy the "If your aunt had balls shed be your uncle" arguments in sports. If doesnt matter - what matters is what you did and what you did that day. The possible exception is a really bad call by a ref.

Saints fans agree with you.