The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Hmmm, John Sherman Smith-Schuster will be back for Pittsburgh. Will he be the juju the Steelers need?

I've had a nagging feeling all week about this game. Steelers with the upset!

I do not like the coverage calling for an easy Chiefs win, nor the 12-point spread. The Steelers defense is formidable, as is the Chiefs' capacity to over-think their offense.

If the Steelers beat the spread, it will be a backdoor cover.

What's the line on scoring for Steelers offense vs. defense?

I give defense the edge.

Called it.

7-0 Pittsburgh on a defensive score four minutes into the 2nd quarter.

49ers @ Packers

Saturday, 7:15 pm Central Time

Forecast: Cloudy, High of 21°, Low of 2°, 15 mph winds

It could have been worse! :lol: Ben has had a few games in the past few years where he seemed to throw nothing but interceptions; thank goodness that didn't happen today. The Steelers put together a few good drives in the 4th quarter and he went out playing. I don't think any sane Steeler fans thought we would really get past the Chiefs.

Apparently Seattle is retaining its coaching staff for next season.

Somewhere in this world, @driventotheedge is weeping.

Russell should try to get to Pittsburgh

It could have been worse! :lol: Ben has had a few games in the past few years where he seemed to throw nothing but interceptions; thank goodness that didn't happen today. The Steelers put together a few good drives in the 4th quarter and he went out playing. I don't think any sane Steeler fans thought we would really get past the Chiefs.

Having wide receivers who can catch the ball would have helped.... :huh:

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Shegulls on making the playoffs. (told you so!) And well done sacking Boo Hoo Brady three times in the first half. A win in TB does not appear to be in the cards, but keep it close enough to keep Brady in the game so you can keep pounding him! Bwhahahaha!!!!

You did say so and I doubted you! Mightve lost anyway but the Iggles didnt play well and the play calling was suspect. But you know what they say every cloud has a blue and silver lining ;)

• Like 3

I think it's going to be TB and GB in the NFC championship again.

I have no clue who is going to get there in the AFC. Love to see it be Bengals vs. Bills, because Burrow and Allen are fun and I'm already tired of Mahomes (yes, I realize this is a little hypocritical for a Patriot fan rooting for Tom Brady). I would eventually like the Bills to suffer a gut-wrenching defeat, because they embarrassed the Patriots Saturday night.

The Bengals have the worst uniforms in the league though. They need to go back to the Ken Anderson-era Browns knockoffs.

• Like 1

Honestly, I thought that if anyone would beat KC at home, it would be the Steelers. Throughout the Roethlisberger-era they've gone into tough stadiums (most notably Denver) and won.

• Like 2

Steelers' can't sustain a drive, thankfully. Their defense loses a step, allowing Mahomes time to do his thing.

Steelers are good. Just need a QB

This post may have been a bit early...

The Bengals have the worst uniforms in the league though. They need to go back to the Ken Anderson-era Browns knockoffs.

No, No, and NO. :no:

The Bengals had never reached the Super Bowl, but in April 1981, they wisely put STRIPES on their helmets and uniforms. That year, Ken Anderson won the MVP, and the Bengals were Super Bowl bound!

They also introduced THIS GUY to the NFL world:

s-l400.jpg

Disclaimer: The Bengals cannot be held responsible for any current broadcasting irritants caused by the afore mentioned player..... :lol:

• Like 3

The Bengals had never reached the Super Bowl, but in April 1981, they wisely put STRIPES on their helmets and uniforms. That year, Ken Anderson won the MVP, and the Bengals were Super Bowl bound!

s-l400.jpg

Disclaimer: The Bengals cannot be held responsible for any current broadcasting irritants caused by the afore mentioned player..... :lol:

The Bengals pre 81 unis would be the worst in the post merger era with the exception of the Bucs alarm clock number unis they switched from two years ago.

s-l400.jpg

Those striped monstrosities are hideous.

s-l400.jpg

The Bengals pre 81 unis would be the worst in the post merger era with the exception of the Bucs alarm clock number unis they switched from two years ago.

While we're at it, the Bucs should go back to the Creamsicles.

s-l400.jpg

While we're at it, the Bucs should go back to the Creamsicles.

I'm all for that.

Honestly, I thought that if anyone would beat KC at home, it would be the Steelers. Throughout the Roethlisberger-era they've gone into tough stadiums (most notably Denver) and won.

Yes, we were hoping! They always managed to bring it against the Ravens and a few others. It was fun while it lasted.

If I am am Russel Wilson, I am looking at Pittsburgh.

One of only two places he could go that I would immediately root against him for the rest of his career. The other would be the cowpukes.

Edited by driventotheedge

Apparently Seattle is retaining its coaching staff for next season.

Somewhere in this world, @driventotheedge is weeping.

Yes my friend, yes I am. Fukk Pete "Let's trade 2 firsts, a 3rd and a starting S for a POS in Jamal Adams" Carroll.

• Like 1