The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

An article rightfully questioning why Gruden goes down for this kind of shit yet Daniel Snyder, who's overseen a very toxic work environment for years gets off without question. Think it has anything to do with his money and position? Do you think we'll ever evolve beyond good ol' boys clubs, objectification of women. racist bullshit, homophobic crap, etc. in this society?

That change is on the same timeline with reducing inner-city violence.

So, no.

• Like 2

My Pats fan friends are all screaming about the PI no-call in OT. I have a coworker who's at the game and is a diehard Cowboys fan. He's the biggest shit-stirrer I've ever met. I keep texting him not to start a fight.

Hmm, sounds like those Jets lunatics when they're in Miami.

Don't know if any of you watched the stealers v. Seahawks game last night but even if you didn't, I need to vent so I'm going to (note: blueschica, you may want to pass on reading the following because sometimes the truth is ugly and hard to accept)

After a stealer dominated first half, in the 4th quarter, the Seahawks had found their running game and come roaring back to tie the game. Stealers have the ball and Rapistberger (allegedly) drops back to pass, tries to hold on to the ball and it slips out of his hand after a fake throw, a clear fumble which the on field officials rule an incomplete pass. Pretty fishy and Pete Carroll is forced to use a challenge. In the meantime, both Cris Collinsworth, the color commentator and more importantly, Terry McCauley a retired referee in the booth have stated they see it as a no doubt fumble. After at least 5 minutes, the officials finally rule the play correctly (after in my opinion, looking for whatever means they could to uphold their shit incomplete pass call and being unable to do so) and Seattle gets the ball.

On their first play after the change of possession, the Seahawks rip off a 16 yard gain and are in clear scoring position.........but wait, there's a flag and their LG is called for holding. Aw shit. Well, let's look at the replay: sure doesn't look like holding to me. And what does Collinsworth, a former NFL player say? "I don't see holding there." And how about McCauley the former NFL referee? "That's just not holding". The penalty has expected results, it takes Seattle out of scoring position, a sack follows because they're forced into must pass situation and they end up punting and their 2nd half momentum is killed for the most part.

Now if you're not a Seahawks fan, you probably don't much care but if you're a fan of honesty in NFL officiating or a gambler on NFL games, you should care. I believe the officials were instructed by New York to make a holding call to kill Seattle's momentum because I believe the NFL has been for years and continues to the present to do things to help the stealers win football games based on them being a "legacy" franchise and based on Dan Rooney being the true commissioner of the NFL before his death. Some of those things are subtle like I posted about earlier this year with having west coast teams play late Monday night and then have to travel to Pittsburgh to play early on Sunday morning west coast time. Others, like last night or Mike Tomlin literally tripping an opposing team's player on the field of play and receiving nothing more than a slap on the wrist are much more blatant.

Bless Cris Collinsworth's heart because he didn't just roll over and let it go but rather added several comments about the bullshit he saw and even referenced Seattle fans' long time unhappiness over the travesty that was the officiating in Super Bowl XL*.

Go ahead and call me a "sore loser" but I already had no hope for Seattle's season going into the game (with good reason) so a loss doesn't really do anything more than hopefully hasten the departure of Pete Carroll. I really don't care what people think about my stance because I know, I flat out KNOW.

Don't know if any of you watched the stealers v. Seahawks game last night but even if you didn't, I need to vent so I'm going to (note: blueschica, you may want to pass on reading the following because sometimes the truth is ugly and hard to accept)

After a stealer dominated first half, in the 4th quarter, the Seahawks had found their running game and come roaring back to tie the game. Stealers have the ball and Rapistberger (allegedly) drops back to pass, tries to hold on to the ball and it slips out of his hand after a fake throw, a clear fumble which the on field officials rule an incomplete pass. Pretty fishy and Pete Carroll is forced to use a challenge. In the meantime, both Cris Collinsworth, the color commentator and more importantly, Terry McCauley a retired referee in the booth have stated they see it as a no doubt fumble. After at least 5 minutes, the officials finally rule the play correctly (after in my opinion, looking for whatever means they could to uphold their shit incomplete pass call and being unable to do so) and Seattle gets the ball.

On their first play after the change of possession, the Seahawks rip off a 16 yard gain and are in clear scoring position.........but wait, there's a flag and their LG is called for holding. Aw shit. Well, let's look at the replay: sure doesn't look like holding to me. And what does Collinsworth, a former NFL player say? "I don't see holding there." And how about McCauley the former NFL referee? "That's just not holding". The penalty has expected results, it takes Seattle out of scoring position, a sack follows because they're forced into must pass situation and they end up punting and their 2nd half momentum is killed for the most part.

Now if you're not a Seahawks fan, you probably don't much care but if you're a fan of honesty in NFL officiating or a gambler on NFL games, you should care. I believe the officials were instructed by New York to make a holding call to kill Seattle's momentum because I believe the NFL has been for years and continues to the present to do things to help the stealers win football games based on them being a "legacy" franchise and based on Dan Rooney being the true commissioner of the NFL before his death. Some of those things are subtle like I posted about earlier this year with having west coast teams play late Monday night and then have to travel to Pittsburgh to play early on Sunday morning west coast time. Others, like last night or Mike Tomlin literally tripping an opposing team's player on the field of play and receiving nothing more than a slap on the wrist are much more blatant.

Bless Cris Collinsworth's heart because he didn't just roll over and let it go but rather added several comments about the bullshit he saw and even referenced Seattle fans' long time unhappiness over the travesty that was the officiating in Super Bowl XL*.

Go ahead and call me a "sore loser" but I already had no hope for Seattle's season going into the game (with good reason) so a loss doesn't really do anything more than hopefully hasten the departure of Pete Carroll. I really don't care what people think about my stance because I know, I flat out KNOW.

Take out the word seahawks and I would swear you are a Patriots fan. They still call the local station bitching about the Noble Gas Law.

Edited by edhunter

Buffalo’s head coach is being rushed to the hospital at this moment.

Doctors will be scanning his brain to ascertain what he was thinking on that last play call.

Doctors will be scanning his brain to ascertain what he was thinking on that last play call.

I can't really fault him for that. The team is safely in control of the division, so he probably felt it was worth taking a gamble to end the game there.

• Like 1

I can't really fault him for that. The team is safely in control of the division, so he probably felt it was worth taking a gamble to end the game there.

It's Week 6 - not Week 16. A lot of things can happen in the next 11 weeks. Their playoff seeding could be affected by their arrogant gamble.

The Packers' Davante Adams is in the COVID protocol.

Not surprising, as the guy catches everything.

• Like 3

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-meets-tough-kid-who-credited-qb-for-helping-him-beat-brain-cancer

Just in case you didn't think I could say something nice about Tom Brady...

Well done, Tom! Well done!

After scoring via Tom Brady's 600th TD pass, the Tampa Bay receiver mistakenly gave the ball to a fan.

Tony Romo suggested more than once on national TV that Brady should offer the fan a date with his wife in exchange for the ball.

Tony Romo should be:

1. Tarred, feathered and garroted

ii. Drawn and quartered and then set on fire

c. Fired from CBS and never allowed to work anywhere else for the rest of his life.

IV. Be tied down to the ground so Gisele can repeatedly stomp on him with her stilettos

5. All of the above

After scoring via Tom Brady's 600th TD pass, the Tampa Bay receiver mistakenly gave the ball to a fan.

Tony Romo suggested more than once on national TV that Brady should offer the fan a date with his wife in exchange for the ball.

Tony Romo should be:

c. Fired from CBS and never allowed to work anywhere else for the rest of his life.

IV. Be tied down to the ground so Gisele can repeatedly stomp on him with her stilettos

5. All of the above

None of the above as it was a joke. Sheesh.

Tony Romo should be:

5. All of the above

6. Forced to listen to Phil Simms broadcast the first quarter of next week's game (provided that it's not precluded by the 8th Amendment.)

• Like 2

What idiot in the Seahag organization brought in Geno Smith in the first place? Just askin'.

Pete Carroll of course. He's in charge of everything in the organization. The GM is under him.

Please retire Pete.