Clockwork Angels (2012): Songs Elimination (Round 7)

_hi_water._

21 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Caravan
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Headlong Flight
    • The Garden
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Caravan
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Headlong Flight
    • The Garden

"The Wreckers" has been eliminated.

12. "BU2B2"

11. "Halo Effect"

10. "Wish Them Well"

9. "Carnies"

8. "BU2B"

7. "Seven Cities Of Gold"

6. "The Wreckers"

The Anarchist is the best song on the album, though Headlong Flight is a close second.

caravan is not; its elimination is long overdue.

• Like 4

Top half here, a case can be made for every track left. I think "The Anarchist" has a great opening: complex, driving, slightly menacing. "Caravan" may not be top three, but it's worth its spot here.

I still think "Clockwork Angels," with that drawn-out chorus, is the weak sister.

• Like 1

Top half here, a case can be made for every track left. I think "The Anarchist" has a great opening: complex, driving, slightly menacing. "Caravan" may not be top three, but it's worth its spot here.

I still think "Clockwork Angels," with that drawn-out chorus, is the weak sister.

What drawn out chorus?

The Anarchist is the best song on the album.

For me the Garden is the weakest one left, but as I've been saying in other rounds, every song deserves to win. Great album.

• Like 2

All great tunes left. I voted for Anarchist with Headlong Flight being my 2nd fave.

CA isn't as great as the others so I voted that off.

I never really appreciated The Anarchist until it opened R40. Now that opening descending riff, with the syncopated tom groove and menacing bass line comprise one of my favorite memories. It stays at least one more round.

CA is my favorite here, was also incredibly happy to see it live. That “drawn out” chorus is the most epic thing they’d composed since Jacob’s Ladder, plus the wall of guitar noise that I still don’t know how Alex played....mmmm. Breathtaking, much like the angels in the lyrics.

Headlong Flight and The Garden are obvious mainstays. That just leaves the fun and adventure seeking Caravan, where Geddy manages to sing both “thunders” and “furthers” simultaneously. A great song, better than anything since Hold Your Fire... but not better than what’s left.

• Like 1

As an opening song on the R40 tour, yes.

As a song? I don't think so.

Count me as someone who didn't quite get it with The Anarchist. I found it to be a bit too long.

Personally, I think the 2 songs they introduced live before the album was out, BU2B and Caravan (did they play others before too?), are good but probably the weakest on the album for me (excepting BU2B2).

So I feel sorry for the earlier eliminated songs being stuck behind the Caravan. It's time for it to be jettisoned down the ravine, Top Gear-style!

What drawn out chorus?

Not the whole chorus, maybe, but how long it takes Geddy to sing "C l o c k w o r k A n g e l s . . . " is just sort of like a mosquito in the car: doesn't affect the ride, but it's a nuisance.