Scarlett Johansson sues Disney for $50 million

Krystal

Because they breached her contract that tied her earnings to an exclusive theatrical release and released the film on their streaming service at the same time it was playing in theaters. She estimates that she would've earned an extra $50 million on top of the $20 million she was paid for doing the film. It might set a precedent. Emma Stone is also thinking of filing a lawsuit for her Cruella movie earnings.

Disney SLAMS their star Scarlett Johansson for $50M Black Widow lawsuit in extraordinary statement | Daily Mail Online

Disney would have never done such a thing to Robert Downey, Jr.

No, they would not.

Black-Widow-and-Mickey-Mouse.jpg

No, they would not.

Disney/Marvel Films also screwed Terrance Howard out of millions. Howard played Stark’s buddy, James Rhodes, in Iron Man, and was under contract for $8 million for doing Iron Man 2. His contract was dumped in favor of Don Cheadle. Howard’s money reportedly went towards paying Robert Downey, Jr., who worked for next to nothing in the first film.

• Like 1

No, they would not.

Disney/Marvel Films also screwed Terrance Howard out of millions. Howard played Stark’s buddy, James Rhodes, in Iron Man, and was under contract for $8 million for doing Iron Man 2. His contract was dumped in favor of Don Cheadle. Howard’s money reportedly went towards paying Robert Downey, Jr., who worked for next to nothing in the first film.

And that was before Disney got Marvel back when Iron Man and Marvel were with Paramount.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of her acting wise but she's legally in the right considering HBO Max paid Denzel a little more for The Little Things because of COVID and are doing the same for Keanu and Will Smith for Matrix 4 and that new movie about the Williams sisters of tennis. Disney didn't keep their word and they're learning the hard way.
  • Like 3

I`ve seen Scarlett only in her indie movies and think she`s wonderful. So yes, Scarlett, sue them all. And make a condition of all Disney releases with you in that everyone has to watch Lost In Translation, Ghost World and Lucy first.
  • Like 2

I`ve seen Scarlett only in her indie movies and think she`s wonderful. So yes, Scarlett, sue them all. And make a condition of all Disney releases with you in that everyone has to watch Lost In Translation, Ghost World and Lucy first.

Why would you make people watch Lucy?

Anyway, isn't Disney claiming that she is, in fact, getting some of the streaming money?

Since I hate that model where movies are released in theaters and on HBO Max or Disney + for a "special price" of some astronomical cost, anything that chips away at its viability is good with me. Sic 'em, Scarlett!

• Like 2

Why would you make people watch Lucy?

Anyway, isn't Disney claiming that she is, in fact, getting some of the streaming money?

Since I hate that model where movies are released in theaters and on HBO Max or Disney + for a "special price" of some astronomical cost, anything that chips away at its viability is good with me. Sic 'em, Scarlett!

I think Lucy is an intriguing film. It`s as near as I`ll get to watching a film with a lot of effects in it - which I decry, as a rule - and that`s exclusively due to Scarlett`s unique magnetism :yes: Well, unique since Grace Kelly was around :wub:
  • Like 3

I'm not a fan of her acting wise but she's legally in the right considering HBO Max paid Denzel a little more for The Little Things because of COVID and are doing the same for Keanu and Will Smith for Matrix 4 and that new movie about the Williams sisters of tennis. Disney didn't keep their word and they're learning the hard way.

Complete OT, but I was listening to a Youtube demo of a software synth with a groove patch playing in the background while browsing TRF, and when I scrolled down this thread, the groovin' kitty in your sig was in PERFECT sync with the beat from the Youtube audio and stayed locked in for a good 20 seconds or more. :7up:

• Like 1

I`ve seen Scarlett only in her indie movies and think she`s wonderful.

She’s not top-level, but still pretty good. Marvel started out featuring Natasha Romanoff as eye candy, but the later films focused much more on the character. I thought Scarlett was one of the top performers in those films.

• Like 2

The Disney people should be punished by watching this film debut of hers that Ebert HATED HATED HATED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEjF5Sk3GLA

And Home Alone 3 which Disney now owns.

• Like 2

She should sue Hollywood for every penny it's got and put an end to the whole business. It'll be all over soon anyway. I give it 25 years tops before it's a ghost town.

That`s what they said about The Hays Code :codger:
  • Like 1