Clockwork Angels (2012): Songs Elimination (Round 4)

_hi_water._

21 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Seven Cities Of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • The Garden
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Seven Cities Of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • The Garden

Finally!

I think BU2B should go next, but we will see...

Really? I think that's one of the standouts.

Having thought about this for a minute, most of the songs I really like from this album could have gone on any album and existed independently of the "story" the album is telling, but some of them -- like "Carnies" or "Clockwork Angels" -- serve more as plot points or to further the adventure and would have less to say in a general sense. They're still good songs, but in context. Yeah, maybe that's it.

• Like 1

Finally!

I think BU2B should go next, but we will see...

Really? I think that's one of the standouts.

Having thought about this for a minute, most of the songs I really like from this album could have gone on any album and existed independently of the "story" the album is telling, but some of them -- like "Carnies" or "Clockwork Angels" -- serve more as plot points or to further the adventure and would have less to say in a general sense. They're still good songs, but in context. Yeah, maybe that's it.

I like the songs that rock the most. Carnies was one of them, and BU2B has grown on me. Seven Cities, Wreckers, Wish Them Well, Garden have all fallen off, on the other hand.

Caravan could have been left off the album, imo. Having served as a great early-release teaser, for me it doesn't really add much to the album listening experience. My edited Clockwork album experience goes...

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

A strong 40-minute album.

Caravan could have been left off the album, imo. Having served as a great early-release teaser, for me it doesn't really add much to the album listening experience. My edited Clockwork album experience goes...

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

I`d miss The Wreckers if I bought your 40 minute version, whilst wondering what you admire about Carnies :huh:

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

I`d miss The Wreckers if I bought your 40 minute version, whilst wondering what you admire about Carnies :huh:

Great guitar >>> a snoozer with one of Neil's worst choruses

Seven Cities was my first favorite off this, and it is still up there.

Every song left deserves immunity. Actually every song other than BU2B2 deserves immunity.

But I have to protect Seven Cities, it was the first song to immediately rise to the top for me.

When the dust settled The Anarchist was the final winner, but until The Anarchist is threatened I'm pulling for Seven Cities.

It's a nice spot to be in, though, when every song on the albums deserves consideration.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

Oh. I like the Whisky Galore thing that`s going on in The Wreckers.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

Oh. I like the Whisky Galore thing that`s going on in The Wreckers.

It's a good theme, no doubt. The song doesn't do it justice, imo.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

A part of me just died inside

• Like 1

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

When listening to the album as a whole, I wouldn't even remove BU2B2. I'd never listen to that by itself, but the album for me has always served as The Fountain part II.

The original written by young men looking ahead, the latter written by upper middle-aged men looking back. The former more metaphorical, the latter with the weight of experience. An epic to close the book.

I know a lot of people saw the ambition without the success, but for me there is no wasted track.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

I hope it`s one of the things you have two of.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. Carnies

4. Anarchist

5. BU2B2

6. Headlong Flight

7. The Garden

I hope it`s one of the things you have two of.

:lol: