Clockwork Angels (2012): Songs Elimination (Round 1)

_hi_water._

17 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities Of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities Of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

Also, I'm excluding "BU2B2" just so we can move on.

Good thinking

BU2B2 would have been top 5 on the last album we covered.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

There aren't any songs I really dislike on this one, and quite a few I love. A great album to end a career on
  • Like 7

Good thinking

BU2B2 would have been too 5 on the last album we covered.

And top 1 on the one before that ;) :P

There aren`t any real stinkers here IMO, just a couple that are okay and a lot that I like, so it`s not anywhere near as easy as the last few records where any elimination could be easily justified.
  • Like 2

Yeah a real "end with crescendo" kind of an album (I know the album does not actually do this; it's a metaphor!). Great way to go out.

Several standout tracks, with a few blah things in between.

• Like 1

Good thinking

BU2B2 would have been top 5 on the last album we covered.

Every song here would've been top 5 on the last album.

This was my second Rush album. It had just come out when I was just becoming a fan, and when I was just about to start High School, so it should be no surprise that I actually love Halo Effect. Sappy teenage romance ballad but it's a beautiful melody, possibly the best produced (least loud) thing on the album. I understand why it will be the first to go though. For my money, Wish Them Well is the least great here. Just something about the trebly, repetitive vocals and guitar gets a little mind numbing after a minute. The title track is my favorite.
  • Like 3

This was my second Rush album. It had just come out when I was just becoming a fan, and when I was just about to start High School, so it should be no surprise that I actually love Halo Effect. Sappy teenage romance ballad but it's a beautiful melody, possibly the best produced (least loud) thing on the album. I understand why it will be the first to go though. For my money, Wish Them Well is the least great here. Just something about the trebly, repetitive vocals and guitar gets a little mind numbing after a minute. The title track is my favorite.

I agree

I really like Halo Effect. More so because at that point in the album, my ears welcome something lighter. It makes a nice break, without which ear-fatigue may set in.

And definitely agree about those repetitive vocals in Wish Them Well

• Like 1

Halo Effect is great. I voted to remove it because it's least great. But this is just a fantastic album.

I voted to protect Seven Cities because so many hate it.

And I guess all the haters fled, because apparently I needn't have worried.

• Like 1

Some lunatic voted to eliminate the title track. :lol:

Halo and Wish comprise the easy one-two elimination punch. Then things get a bit trickier.

• Like 1

I like Halo Effect.

I hope Carnies is knocked out. Quick.

Edit: Mosher, SCOG was the first song from this album to catch my attention. This and The Garden are probably the top 2 from this album for me.

I never understood the distaste. It is an excellent throwback to when they were younger men.

Edited by 78jazz
  • Like 1