Snakes & Arrows (2007): Songs Elimination (Round 9)

_hi_water._

21 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Far Cry
    • Armor And Sword
    • The Main Monkey Business
    • Malignant Narcissism
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Far Cry
    • Armor And Sword
    • The Main Monkey Business
    • Malignant Narcissism

"Workin' Them Angels" has been eliminated.

13. "Bravest Face"

12. "Faithless"

11. "Good News First"

10. "Spindrift"

9. "The Larger Bowl"

8. "The Way The Wind Blows"

7. "Hope"

6. "We Hold On"

5. "Workin' Them Angels"

LAST ROUND FOR IMMUNITY!

I'm gone for a week, and it all falls apart.

Does the persistence of the instrumentals tell us anything about Neil's state of lyrical profundity at this stage of their history, or are they just really fun, funky jams?

• Like 1

Does the persistence of the instrumentals tell us anything about Neil's state of lyrical profundity at this stage of their history, or are they just really fun, funky jams?

For me it's neither.

This album is by far my least favorite vocally. Not the aging- the style. The instrumentals relieve that for me.

Musically I love this album.

No one likes a sermon.

Oops, I just realized I voted the opposite of what I meant to :doh:

Fixed now

Neither IMO. I think that MN is fun and Hope is alright, but TMMB is lousy.

(As far as the lyrics go, Power Windows to Counterparts was probably the peak.)

• Like 1

This album is by far my least favorite vocally. Not the aging- the style. The instrumentals relieve that for me.

Good analogy. Other than Far Cry, the other songs with lyrics are like trying to pass a huge, dense, 10 on the Mohs scale turd.

No one likes a sermon.

If someone used that line in SOCN... :scared:

Jeez, some of you guys listen too hard to the lyrics! Just rock out and have some fun :guitar: :haz:

Well, the lyrics are right up front for everyone to hear. We can't pretend they're not there. Especially when Neil is considered one of the best lyricists ever.

• Like 1

Jeez, some of you guys listen too hard to the lyrics! Just rock out and have some fun :guitar: :haz:

Well, the lyrics are right up front for everyone to hear. We can't pretend they're not there. Especially when Neil is considered one of the best lyricists ever.

I know, I know. And it's been discussed before on other threads. It's just that I don't buy that a song is spoiled because Neil's lyrics aren't up to scratch. I still maintain his weakest work is better than 90% (insert your % of choice) of the dross out there. Melody, harmony 1st, poetry/meaning 2nd???? Maybe, maybe not depending on who you are. I think some pick out the lyrics as 'quality-control temporarily down' when they just don't really like the music as much as others tracks. But I'm just theorising. And it's all subjective so no one's wrong (except me apparently! :rage: :P )

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 1