Upcoming new albums battle: KK's Priest's Sermons of the Sinner vs Iron Maiden's Senjutsu

treeduck

Sermons of the Sinner vs Senjutsu  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which new metal album release are you most looking forward to?

• KK's Priest - Sermons of the Sinner
    • Iron Maiden - Senjutsu
    • How DARE you compare these two projects! KK is a whimpering retiree who needs to go away!
    • I'll kill you for this treeduck!
    • KK is GOD!
    • Bruce is 5'4 if he's an inch, and he's finished! Even his hair hasn't grown back properly, it looks like cobwebs!
    • KK looks like the Crypt Keeper nowadays and he BELONGS in a Crypt, and not a heavy metal mock-up!
    • KK's Priest = Spinal Tap
    • 21st Century Iron Maiden = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • KK can f**k my wife AND my girlfriend for making this album!
  2. 2. Which guitarist is the best of these and has contributed more to metal?

• KK Downing
    • Dave Murray
    • Adrian Smith
    • Janick Gers
    • All of them are cack-handed hacks!
  3. 3. Can Ripper Owens out-sing Bruce Dickinson? And can he out-scream him?

• Yes Ripper can sing the pants off Bruce
    • No f***ing way, Ripper is a hack with an annoying nasal delivery and a whiny scream
    • Ripper can out-scream Bruce yeah it's a fact
    • Bruce's voice and his vocal melody style completely outstrips the weak work of Whippersnapper Owens
    • I've got them about equal, well below Freddie Mercury
    • Bruce can't scream for toffee these days, and Ripper is just like a poor, sickly clone of Rob Halford
    • Bruce is small, only 5'5, Ripper is 6'2 or more, that counts for something. Bruce is a midget!
    • Ripper could own Bruce in a cage fight and end his career with a deadly blow to the throat!
    • Ripper can barely sing, he couldn't even out-sing Yngwie Malmsteen when he was in his band!
    • Owens is a pub-level bum who couldn't write a good tune if his kid's lives depended on it, how can you even compare this clown to the mighty Bruce??

Voted for Freddie. I haven't heard Ripper sing and I don't need to with that option!

I guess I'm more looking forward to the Maiden album, though to tell you the truth I imagine the KK album is going to be a less exhausting listen.

Adrian Smith, followed closely by Dave Murray, with KK only a little bit behind. Of course the elephant in the room is Glenn Tipton is tops.

Voted for Freddie. I haven't heard Ripper sing and I don't need to with that option!

I guess I'm more looking forward to the Maiden album, though to tell you the truth I imagine the KK album is going to be a less exhausting listen.

Adrian Smith, followed closely by Dave Murray, with KK only a little bit behind. Of course the elephant in the room is Glenn Tipton is tops.

Believe it or not I'm more excited for the KK's Priest. I mean of course I'm excited for Maiden too and I'll be grabbing both but yeah, that's how it is.

I've voted KK's Priest, Downing and I went with the Freddie option too.

Maiden, by far.

As to guitarists it's hard to rate the relevance of Smith without Murray, or Murray without Smith. It's that twin attack that matters. Symbiotic.

But I'll take that tandom over the others.

Maiden.

At least they're their own band and aren't a bunch of crybabies like KK "I'm retired but why didn't you call me?" Downing who is just doing a dollar store version of the band he retired from.

As for which guitarist has contributed more to metal, I will go with KK. Without him and Glenn we would never have the most influential sound in the metal genre. That means it's possible that Dave and Adrian never decide to pick up a guitar and play metal. Overall, Adrian is my favorite player of those three.

I'm not sure what you mean by who is the better screamer since neither Bruce nor Owens have done anything that I would consider a scream. I guess you mean their high pitched stuff. In that case I will go with Bruce since vocally he is an original. Ripper's high notes are impressive but they are also an exact duplicate of Halford. Dickinson broke the mold with his voice and it's truly one of a kind. Ripper just copycatted somebody else because he wasn't unique enough to come up with his own vocal identity. Without Halford to imitate, Owen's never makes it as a singer.

• Like 3

I've been mostly looking forward to Iron Maiden's Senjutsu new studio c.d., and album. Between the guitarists K.K., Dave, Adrian, and Janick, I'm not able to decide. When Glenn, and K.K. were, and are playing together in Judas Priest, and Dave, Adrian, and Janick are playing together in Iron Maiden, I've liked them the same. As for lead singers, I've liked Bruce a lot. Edited by Derek19

I love Ripper Owens!!!! His work with Iced Earth is sexier than a bacon sandwich Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I love Ripper Owens!!!! His work with Iced Earth is sexier than a bacon sandwich

Well I've never really thought of a bacon sandwich as sexy, but it's got to be hot!

I love Ripper Owens!!!! His work with Iced Earth is sexier than a bacon sandwich

Yes, he did a great job when he was with them. But my issue with Ripper is that he always seems to piggyback off somebody else's hard work without contributing much himself.

I've not had a bacon sandwich in 10 years.

Are we just talking something that is a straight bacon sandwich? Like bacon and bread and nothing else? Or are we talking about a BLT or bacon cheeseburger?

I've not had a bacon sandwich in 10 years.

Are we just talking something that is a straight bacon sandwich? Like bacon and bread and nothing else? Or are we talking about a BLT or bacon cheeseburger?

Now you're confusing me!