Snakes & Arrows (2007): Songs Elimination (Round 3)

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Far Cry
    • Armor And Sword
    • Workin' Them Angels
    • The Larger Bowl
    • Spindrift
    • The Main Monkey Business
    • The Way The Wind Blows
    • Hope
    • Malignant Narcissism
    • We Hold On
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Far Cry
    • Armor And Sword
    • Workin' Them Angels
    • The Larger Bowl
    • Spindrift
    • The Main Monkey Business
    • The Way The Wind Blows
    • Hope
    • Malignant Narcissism
    • We Hold On

"Good News First" has been eliminated. And both "Spindrift" and "The Way The Wind Blows" are still in the game! :rage:

13. "Bravest Face"

12. "Faithless" :rage:

11. "Good News First"

So far the contingent of songs I either don't care for or don't care enough about to remember well is being weeded out while the ones I like are looking safe. This looks promising.
  • Like 1

Gotta get rid of The Toilet Bowl... I mean The Larger Bowel Movement... I mean The Larger Bowl

It's about time to get rid of the boring Spindrift. There are some nice harmonic parts and heaviness to it, but they aren't enough to make the song tight.

I love Hope, maybe because I love traditional Irish and bluegrass music that have a similar feel. Hope may not be a "Rush song" in the usual sense, but a stunnig example of Alex's musicianship. Perfection! :heart:

Edited by Sun & Moon

Far Cry towers over this album so much that I can't remember a lot of the others. However, many albums have 1 that's given a bit of a kicking by some and I don't understand why when there are many others that are more bland or not as memorable.

The Way the Wind Blows is the one this time. Great riff to it. One of the better songs (that I remember). Don't understand the hate. Oooh you haters...

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 1

Far Cry towers over this album so much that I can't remember a lot of the others. However, many albums have 1 that's given a bit of a kicking by some and I don't understand why when there are many others that are more bland or not as memorable.

The Way the Wind Blows is the one this time. Great riff to it. One of the better songs (that I remember). Don't understand the hate. Oooh you haters...

Way The Wind Blows, great riff? I think you need to relisten to it.

I think this poll has been overtaken by trolls.

• Like 1

7 people vote to keep Way The Wind Blows, and only 4 people vote to eliminate it? Wow...

At first they came for Spindrift, but I did not mind, because Spindrift sucks

Then they came for The Larger Bowl, but I did not object, because The Larger Bowl sucks

Then they came for We Hold On, but I didn't protest, because We Hold On sucks

Then they came for Armor and Sword....uh, where was I going with this?

:huh: :wtf:

• Like 1

We could go back and forth with this you know!

We could go back and forth with this you know!

As long as it doesn't involve having to listen to that turgid, atonal slog, fine with me.

Good job we don't anthropomorphise the songs just in case they took it personally :16ton: :finbar: :P

Good job we don't anthropomorphise the songs just in case they took it personally :16ton: :finbar: :P

most of the songs on this album would be comatose, so why would it matter?

7 people vote to keep Way The Wind Blows, and only 4 people vote to eliminate it? Wow...

Well it's now up to 6 eliminators you'll be glad to know. After Spindrift looks like it will get blown away, battle will commence, I guess. Another 50-50 song, splitting things down the middle - bit like Brex*t (oops, don't mention politics or the war...).

The intro is killer, as is the main riff. The chorus drags it way, way down.
  • Like 1

I do not know why We Hold On is so disliked.

Me either. I chalk it up to its position as the final track, and the fatigue listeners have by the time they hear it.
  • Like 1

The intro is killer, as is the main riff. The chorus drags it way, way down.

These are the kind of things that affect people differently (obviously). To me the song is not perfect and the chorus brings it down from killer riff to ok song. (Assuming you like the riff...)

For others, the chorus or whichever part is a deal breaker.

It's the level to which some are affected that surprises me sometimes. Unless the comments made are just in the spirt of light-hearted repartee which I suspect most are.

Personally, I think The Way the Wind Blows is head and shoulders better than any of the shit on Vapor Trails :coy:

Personally, I think The Way the Wind Blows is head and shoulders better than any of the shit on Vapor Trails :coy:

I think the bulk of the song is very similar to the best of Vapor Trails, with much, much better production. I reiterate that I think the chorus, with its tempo, strumming acoustic guitar, and yodeling vocals bring the song down.