interMission

madra sneachta

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 12 2004, 08:28 PM)
I don't know what impact, if any, this has made outside Ireland, but if anyone is looking for a film that depicts a more realistic slice of Irish life than the standard "Quiet Man" cliches, this is a darned good start.

You got a link for us, or something?

Nevermind, found one: 'Intermission'

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I just watched the trailer. Is the DVD subtitled?

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 12 2004, 08:28 PM)
I don't know what impact, if any, this has made outside Ireland, but if anyone is looking for a film that depicts a more realistic slice of Irish life than the standard "Quiet Man" cliches, this is a darned good start.

Now, I realize "The Quiet Man" was a bit idealized, but I darn well LIKED it!

Are you telling me that if I visit Fair Eire, I will NOT see Maureen O'Hara tending sheep by the side of the road, John Wayne wooing her, and Victor MacLaglen jealously defending her virtue?

If that's the case, I'll just darn well stay home! mad.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 13 2004, 01:40 AM)

biggrin.gif The bleedin' Dublin lingo probably does take a bit of getting used to!!.

It's been described as an Irish Pulp Fiction - a series of individual stories that interweave in and out as the film continues.

BTW BSG - There plenty of sheep on the side of the road, but I'm afraid Maureen is too busy attending awards ceremonies and appreciation dinners!. Tell you what, you ever come over here, I'll show you all the sheep and Guinness you'll ever need.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 13 2004, 08:53 AM)
biggrin.gif The bleedin' Dublin lingo probably does take a bit of getting used to!!.

Faaaiiiittthhh and begorrah! 'Tis powerful tick to those of us who havenae kissed the stone!

wink.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 13 2004, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 13 2004, 01:40 AM)

It's been described as an Irish Pulp Fiction - a series of individual stories that interweave in and out as the film continues.

BTW BSG - There plenty of sheep on the side of the road, but I'm afraid Maureen is too busy attending awards ceremonies and appreciation dinners!. Tell you what, you ever come over here, I'll show you all the sheep and Guinness you'll ever need.

trink38.gif

Well. thanks Donal. It wasn't so much the sheep I wanted to see as the lovely young Miss O'Hara. Alas, she is no longer young, but who among us is? (Shut up Moonie! tongue.gif ) I loved her in that movie so much, I went right out and married a redhead. biggrin.gif wub.gif wub.gif