Laptop Battery Even Necessary When Plugged In?

#PubicLice #Dell

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 40494 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 03:43 PM

First, yes I did a Google search. No clear answer appeared.

Can a bad lap top battery cause poor machine performance even with the lap top plugged in? My wife's PC is having issues. I ran some system scans and the only problem seems to be the battery. She operates the lap top plugged in.

Sponsored Post

#2 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6322 posts
  • Interests:Very few interests, but many passions

Posted 29 June 2021 - 03:48 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 29 June 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

Can a bad lap top battery cause poor machine performance even with the lap top plugged in? My wife's PC is having issues. I ran some system scans and the only problem seems to be the battery. She operates the lap top plugged in.
My wife had a theory about removing the battery and running via the mains unless it was necessary for moving around. She thought this would cause the laptop battery to last longer as it would only be charged and used appropriately. The relevance to your question is I`m sure that when she tried to use it via battery (a couple of years in) it didn`t work properly. But the laptop got replaced, rather than repaired. I think the answer is mmm, maybe. Yes.

#3 zepphead

zepphead

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5527 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 29 June 2021 - 03:50 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 29 June 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

Remove the battery totally and run it from mains. If the performance is poor then it is not a battery issue as it is not present.

#4 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 40494 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 08:53 AM

Battery out, ran a fix on Microsoft Office, now all is good. Still going to replace the battery while it's already out.

#5 zepphead

zepphead

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5527 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 30 June 2021 - 09:26 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 30 June 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

Battery out, ran a fix on Microsoft Office, now all is good. Still going to replace the battery while it's already out.
All sounding pretty good!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #PubicLice, #Dell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users