I'm getting old whether I like it or not...eye surgery

Rhyta

I know when my parents had theirs done, they came out with MUCH better vision. Make sure you are diligent with the drops before and after the surgery, that's really important.
  • Like 3

I know when my parents had theirs done, they came out with MUCH better vision. Make sure you are diligent with the drops before and after the surgery, that's really important.

Indeed. Usually anti-inflammatory and antibiotic. No one wants an eye infection, especially inside the eye.

• Like 2

Rhyta, is your surgery still scheduled for the 27th?

Yes it is coming up next week. Saturday have to start putting the eye drops in four times a day. Yay :eyeroll:

But it will be worth it.

What time is your procedure?

Have been and will continue to be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Rhyta, is your surgery still scheduled for the 27th?

Yes it is coming up next week. Saturday have to start putting the eye drops in four times a day. Yay :eyeroll:

But it will be worth it.

What time is your procedure?

Have been and will continue to be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

giphy.gif

It will be early, around 8:30 Mountain time. My hubby is taking me so that will be nice to lean on him. Thanks Cat for your concern, good to have all the prayers I can get. :ebert:

• Like 2

Just wanted to let you know that I’m sending good thoughts and prayers for your procedure tomorrow...

...you’ll do great and I’m looking forward to you checking in with us when you are able.

• Like 3

Hi Rhyta, sending positive energy that the procedure goes by quickly tomorrow and that you can start rapid healing! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Take care; I hope your husband spoils you! :hi: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Thanks all,

Believe it or not, earlier today my Doctor's assistant contacted me and said the surgery will have to be rescheduled for August 12th! This is getting ridiculous. Evidently the surgical center neglected to tell us that it wouldn't accept our insurance, that we were out of network. So another facility couldn't fit me in until August. It is very frustrating since I got all nervous and had started putting the eye drops in my eye to get ready for the procedure. Oh well. So that is why I am still up late typing this rather than in bed trying to sleep and not drinking any water after midnight. That's going to be hard to do when it is so hot, I am constantly drinking water. But that will have to wait a few more weeks. So once again, to be continued :blush:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

...and that wasn't checked out BEFORE the surgery was even scheduled? Sorry, I call BS.

The same crap happened to me just as I had finished my chemotherapy for Non-Hodgkins in '01. The clinic advised me my insurance would no longer cover anything, and I was advised to find a new oncologist that was covered. Which I did, making sure the oncologist accepted other carriers, as I switched carriers at the start of '02. Ftb!

• Like 1

Thanks all,

Believe it or not, earlier today my Doctor's assistant contacted me and said the surgery will have to be rescheduled for August 12th! This is getting ridiculous. Evidently the surgical center neglected to tell us that it wouldn't accept our insurance, that we were out of network. So another facility couldn't fit me in until August. It is very frustrating since I got all nervous and had started putting the eye drops in my eye to get ready for the procedure. Oh well. So that is why I am still up late typing this rather than in bed trying to sleep and not drinking any water after midnight. That's going to be hard to do when it is so hot, I am constantly drinking water. But that will have to wait a few more weeks. So once again, to be continued :blush:

:hug2: :hug2: Sorry this is getting dragged out for you! Glad they were able to set another firm date.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I hope I can sleep, still a bit nervous but really ready to have it done. I appreciate everyone thinking of me.

Talk to you soon :)

• Like 8

Just a quick note, it was a very smooth process and I wasn't nervous once I got there. It only took a half hour and didn't hurt a bit. Going go rest and listen to an audiobook since I still have a patch over the eye. Cheers!
  • Like 8

Just a quick note, it was a very smooth process and I wasn't nervous once I got there. It only took a half hour and didn't hurt a bit. Going go rest and listen to an audiobook since I still have a patch over the eye. Cheers!

You`re days from burning your audiobooks! Glad it went well :ebert:
  • Like 1

Thank you for checking in with your update...

...Very happy that the procedure went well and is now behind you.

Enjoy your much earned rest and audiobooks.

Make sure hubby waits on you hand and foot, lol.

:)

• Like 2

Glad it was easy peasy for you Rhyta. Maybe a drink to celebrate this evening?

• Like 1

Thank you for checking in with your update...

...Very happy that the procedure went well and is now behind you.

Enjoy your much earned rest and audiobooks.

Make sure hubby waits on you hand and foot, lol.

:)

Thanks! He is being a sweetheart :kisshug: (as usual) and is helping clean litter boxes :lol: (since I can't lean over for a week or so yet)

• Like 1

Cheers! I didn't get much listening done, took a long nap. Today much better energy and post -op appointment with Dr. went well. Now I can get back to reading/listening either way I choose. (Re-listening to HP and the Order of the Phoenix at the moment).

:wub:

• Like 3

Cheers! I didn't get much listening done, took a long nap. Today much better energy and post -op appointment with Dr. went well. Now I can get back to reading/listening either way I choose. (Re-listening to HP and the Order of the Phoenix at the moment).

:wub:

Very pleased to hear that Rhyta! Hope everything continues as planned, and you are outside telling teenagers the serial numbers of passing aeroplanes in no time :cool:
  • Like 3