Counterparts (1993): Songs Elimination (Round 1)

_hi_water._

26 members have voted

1. 1. Immune: (Pick 1 or 2, any more and your votes won't get counted)

• Animate
    • Stick It Out
    • Cut To The Chase
    • Nobody's Hero
    • Between Sun & Moon
    • Alien Shore
    • The Speed Of Love
    • Double Agent
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Cold Fire
    • Everyday Glory
  2. 2. Eliminate: (Pick 1 or 2, any more and your votes won't get counted)

• Animate
    • Stick It Out
    • Cut To The Chase
    • Nobody's Hero
    • Between Sun & Moon
    • Alien Shore
    • The Speed Of Love
    • Double Agent
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Cold Fire
    • Everyday Glory

This album might be fun, actually.

I think the races will be close almost the entire way- although I do think Speed of Love will be out first easy, despite the FACT that Stick it Out is worse. :)

• Like 1

As bad as the Speed of Love is, Stick It Out is worse.

No voting more than twice, or else your votes won't count.

I can read

it really is a terrible song

I think both of those tunes are good.

I like all the tunes on this album, but Between Sun and Moon may be the first to go for me if I were to skip one.

• Like 1

Counterparts felt like a return to form for me at the time, several tracks that really moved me and I still hum fondly from time, but "The Speed of Love" is not among them.

Let's see if it can be speedily dispatched.

• Like 1

I like all the tunes on this album, but Between Sun and Moon may be the first to go for me if I were to skip one.

That's seriously pretty cool. Because to my ears Between Sun And Moon is the best cut on the album-- an album I actually really like. Speed and Stick are the only two I don't like.

To please us all Rush has to displease us occasionally.

Like all the songs on this album so very difficult to eliminate so I went with the crowd because it's prob about right that Speed is one of the weaker ones...which I still like.
  • Like 1

I think the races will be close almost the entire way- although I do think Speed of Love will be out first easy, despite the FACT that Stick it Out is worse. :)

The FACT is, taste in music is completely subjective.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

Of course it is. While I'm serious about which I prefer, I was not serious about it being a 'fact.'

I don't even care which songs win or lose. It's an idle curiosity.

• Like 1

In the first round of Rush's Presto studio c.d., and album, look what happened after an extra song in three, and not two gets "eliminated" because of another person, and individual decides to pick, and choose more, than the maximum amount required. The first round start of Presto did get screwed up because of that. Edited by Derek19

Of course it is. While I'm serious about which I prefer, I was not serious about it being a 'fact.'

I don't even care which songs win or lose. It's an idle curiosity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB52NEPJxUs

• Like 2

I'm sure it will be out in the first few rounds, but my immunity is for Double Agent. To me its the most progressive thing they did in the entire decade, and the riffs are super cool. It's got such a bewildering character, certainly worthy of some of the love Animate and Cut To The Chase usually hog.

Speaking of love... let's not sing about its velocity.

• Like 1

In the first round of Rush's Presto studio c.d., and album, look what happened after an extra song in three, and not two gets "eliminated" because of another person, and individual decides to pick, and choose more, than the maximum amount required. The first round start of Presto did get screwed up because of that.

Can you be clearer?

I remember the ads from the music magazines of the time - "Counterparts - it`s better than the last two".

Hehehe ...... they weren't lying!!

In the first round of Rush's Presto studio c.d., and album, look what happened after an extra song in three, and not two gets "eliminated" because of another person, and individual decides to pick, and choose more, than the maximum amount required. The first round start of Presto did get screwed up because of that.

Can you be clearer?

I'm pretty sure that's a "no".

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Can you be clearer?

I'm pretty sure that's a "no".

Imagine holding onto a grudge about forum elimination votes for Presto :boo hiss:
  • Like 1