Roll The Bones (1991): Songs Elimination (Round 8)

_hi_water._

20 members have voted

1. 1. Eliminate:

"Roll The Bones" has been eliminated.

10. "Neurotica"

9. "You Bet Your Life"

8. "Heresy"

7. "Face Up"

6. "The Big Wheel"

5. "Where's My Thing?"

4. "Roll The Bones"

Now it gets tough

Edit: Went back to listen to both Bravado and Ghost before voting.

Not that tough. Only one of these songs is actually good, and the level of putridity of the other two is not particularly close.

Not that tough. Only one of these songs is actually good, and the level of putridity of the other two is not particularly close.

Eh, I like Ghost, and don't have any particular ire against Bravado. There's really not a song on RTB I don't like except the title track. And that only because of that god awful rap they felt obligated to cram into it because rap was busy becoming a thing in the late 80s.

Edit: fat fingers, little capacitive "buttons"

Edited by SeñorPieuPieuPieu

Ghost Of A Chance is wimpy as heck. Don't really get what other people see in it. A good Lifeson solo doesn't save it from the chopping block in my book.
  • Like 2

Ghost Of A Chance is wimpy as heck. Don't really get what other people see in it. A good Lifeson solo doesn't save it from the chopping block in my book.

The lyrics resonate with a lot of people. And the music has a cool jazz vibe to it.
  • Like 1

Ghost Of A Chance is wimpy as heck.

It sounds like War Pigs compared to Madrigal.

Medieval minstrels are still better than wimpy 80s faux smooth jazz pop ballads. :P

• Like 2

I get that it's not 'Eavy in the 'Iron Man' sense (re: the chancey one) but surely Bravado's not exactly Raining Blood either!

Battle of the wimpy ones it seems.

Not that wimpy is necessarily bad. Hey, Rush left real hard rock around long before this and were never 'metal' in today's sense of the word.

• Like 3

Medieval minstrels are still better than wimpy 80s faux smooth jazz pop ballads. :P

AcclaimedCarefulFunnelweaverspider-max-1mb.gif
  • Like 3

The mood and the vibe.

I think they nailed this song on tour in 2008. Had it ended up on CP sounding like that, I suspect it would have been appreciated more (then again, CP is the last Rush album for me where I would not skip any songs).

• Like 1

The mood and the vibe.

I think they nailed this song on tour in 2008. Had it ended up on CP sounding like that, I suspect it would have been appreciated more (then again, CP is the last Rush album for me where I would not skip any songs).

CP is the last Rush album where I would not skip any songs, too. But that's more a matter of opportunity than anything since I never have the urge to put it on.

Is this the dictionary definition of "damming with faint praise"?