• No they're incredible, up there with the greats
    • They're mediocre at best
    • Who?
    • I like one or two songs, but they're not important at all
    • A 90's fad band
    • They're just a wannabe Beatles band that are laughably bad
    • They're ok
    • A bunch of dicks that got lucky
    • They couldn't even win a fight with a bunch of middle-aged German dentists

While I never liked them, I at least gave them props for playing their own instruments, and writing their own song... two things that were pretty rare in the charts at the time

Oh my god, the "alternate rock" station in my college town could not stop playing "Wonderwall" and now I shudder even thinking about that song. Way too much hype for the talent on display -- which was not nothing, but not world-shaking.

Very much a timepiece band for me, a relic.

It's the go to song for "douchebag with acoustic guitar" types. Even the brothers hate it.

• Like 1

Oh my god, the "alternate rock" station in my college town could not stop playing "Wonderwall" and now I shudder even thinking about that song. Way too much hype for the talent on display -- which was not nothing, but not world-shaking.

Very much a timepiece band for me, a relic.

But surely you know Wonderwall isn’t one of their best songs?

I couldn't decide on 'They're Ok' and 'A Bunch Of Dicks Who Got Lucky' so I settled on the latter!

They have a couple of OK songs but they start to wear a bit thin after a short while.

Perhaps, similar to the Mayweather/Paul fiasco, the Gallaghers should don boxing gloves and beat the crap out of each other. Now that would be fun!

I watched the "fight" but I dozing off by round 5.

• Like 1

What makes Liam Gallagher a great frontman is that he doesn't need to move around the stage to entertain an audience.

He stands at the microphone and sings with either his hands in his pocket or behind his back.

I think that’s a testament to Noel’s songwriting too.

I'm with Keith... and Mick

After calling them “crap” and Mick Jagger adding: “You can’t dance to it, the new album’s impossible,” Richards summed up the band’s preposterous make-up by stating: “These guys are just obnoxious. Grow up and then come back and see if you can hang.” The Mancunian legends had been well and truly told.

• Like 1

After calling them “crap” and Mick Jagger adding: “You can’t dance to it, the new album’s impossible,” Richards summed up the band’s preposterous make-up by stating: “These guys are just obnoxious. Grow up and then come back and see if you can hang.” The Mancunian legends had been well and truly told.

I don't think Mick and Keith understood the appeal of 90s rock trends in the first place. Probably one of the first times popular rock and roll wasn't really meant to be danceable.

• Like 1

I don't think Mick and Keith understood the appeal of 90s rock trends in the first place. Probably one of the first times popular rock and roll wasn't really meant to be danceable.

RHCP were a 90s exception, though.

• Like 1

RHCP were a 90s exception, though.

True enough, but I counter by pointing out most of their biggest hits were ballads.

That quote says more about Mick and Keith than it does about Oasis.
  • Like 2

While I never liked them, I at least gave them props for playing their own instruments, and writing their own song... two things that were pretty rare in the charts at the time

I seem to remember bands like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots dominating the modern rock charts at that time. So, Oasis certainly wasn't the only popular band playing their own instruments and writing their own songs back then.

• Like 4

I seem to remember bands like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots dominating the modern rock charts at that time. So, Oasis certainly wasn't the only popular band playing their own instruments and writing their own songs back then.

Wonderwall is objectively okay, even learned it for a cover band I was in (briefly). Can't say anything else I've heard struck me as pure gold or worth revisiting.

I think of Fridge as an honorary member of the band.

I must admit this raised an ironic chuckle......

Ok, cards on the table.

I think that at heart they were an extremely mediocre to bad band that happened to come along at exactly the right time.

However, they occasionally raised their game and wrote a handful of genuinely good, even great songs...I suppose that's a good enough legacy.

• Like 2

I think of Fridge as an honorary member of the band.

I must admit this raised an ironic chuckle......

Ok, cards on the table.

I think that at heart they were an extremely mediocre to bad band that happened to come along at exactly the right time.

However, they occasionally raised their game and wrote a handful of genuinely good, even great songs...I suppose that's a good enough legacy.

Better than most of us could ever hope for.

• Like 1