• No they're incredible, up there with the greats
    • They're mediocre at best
    • Who?
    • I like one or two songs, but they're not important at all
    • A 90's fad band
    • They're just a wannabe Beatles band that are laughably bad
    • They're ok
    • A bunch of dicks that got lucky
    • They couldn't even win a fight with a bunch of middle-aged German dentists

I say, YES they are, they f***ing suck. They're like a boring, unfunny version of The Rutles, but their songs aren't as good. Cheese and Onion is leagues better than anything Oasis ever did.
  • Like 2

I love Oasis, but I doubt there's much else that compares to their first two albums in their discography. Also the Gallagher's are both total egomaniacal jerks but it's what makes them so entertaining so I don't mind it.

Not sure I really know enough about them to have any kind of feelings either way. I do remember that Champagne Supernova song getting played a ton and getting really sick of it. I also found The Beatles comparisons to be pretty laughable.
  • Like 1

Oasis are great because of the attitude.

I think of Fridge as an honorary member of the band.

:popcorn:

Ive heard Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory, both great albums, I plan on getting to the rest of their catalog soon, although I am not a fan of Noel's current band.

Oasis are to the 90s what The Killers are to the 00s. First two albums are awesome and it's shaky after that and both brothers have their picture under the word "Wanker" in the dictionary. The bloody pompous asses can sod off.

Todd hit the nail on the head about AATW. Never did like that song and it went on way too long. What was it Rick James said about snow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0FumbR4AU

Edited by invisible airwave

Oasis were never as good as the hype they received when new, nor as bad as the hype when they became widely known as arrogant narcissists.

Like many bands or artists that eventually become synonymous with arrogance (Bono, Sting, Lars) people tend to retroactively decide Oasis were never good to begin with. But they were good. I own nothing by them and I don't listen, but they were a good band.

Frankly, to my own taste, I chose 'O.K.'

• Like 3

I couldn't decide on 'They're Ok' and 'A Bunch Of Dicks Who Got Lucky' so I settled on the latter!

They have a couple of OK songs but they start to wear a bit thin after a short while.

Perhaps, similar to the Mayweather/Paul fiasco, the Gallaghers should don boxing gloves and beat the crap out of each other. Now that would be fun!

• Like 1

I know very little about this group. I knew there were 2 brothers in the band and that they fought like the Kinks guys did. Thought they were 1 hit wonderish. Maybe 2 or 3 albums and broke up. Looked them up on wiki and was surprised they lasted until 2009. 7 studio albums and 5 compilation albums :lol: Those big singles were good if you like that sort of thing - I prefer other bands

They just rode the wave of 'they are the next best thing' with reasonably ok 1st 2 albums and kept the publicity going with the chav-y, laddish type attitude.

Especially the 2 brothers, Noel and Liam, who were fighting amongst themselves, or rather, Liam was fighting everyone.

They had a bit of a public feud with the other popular band at the time, Blur, who were a bit more of an arty, middle-class version of that UK-Britpop-rock kindofthing or whatever you want to call it. That also kept them in the public eye for a while.

But Liam was slagging everyone off, and probably still does.

I get the feeling he's a complete w**ker (or overwrite with relevant, colourful adjective that hits the spot in your part of the world) and Noel is the level-headed, reasonable one albeit a bit outspoken. Noel was the main songwriter and Liam was 'just' the leery frontman.

Don't have memories of listening to them, not even on the radio :huh:

If you lived in the UK during the 90's, you wouldn't have been able to get away from them :|
  • Like 1

If you lived in the UK during the 90's, you wouldn't have been able to get away from them :|

Most of my friends at the time loved them. I didn`t, although it was obligatory to get involved in a singalong to Champagne Supernova and Wonderwall on the way back from the pub.
  • Like 1

Oh my god, the "alternate rock" station in my college town could not stop playing "Wonderwall" and now I shudder even thinking about that song. Way too much hype for the talent on display -- which was not nothing, but not world-shaking.

Very much a timepiece band for me, a relic.

• Like 1

It wasn't just the UK. They had a number of overplayed hits in the US back then as well. There was no escaping them during the mid 90s.

• Like 2

i also Remember when Be Here Now was released. i know they were huge because at the time people were sucking that album off even though it's stunningly awful. luckily people have since re-appraised it as the over the top monument to ego and cocaine that it is.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

i also Remember when Be Here Now was released. i know they were huge because at the time people were sucking that album off even though it's stunningly awful. luckily people have since re-appraised it as the over the top monument to ego and cocaine that it is.

Mick

It's overwrought for sure, but I still like a number of the songs.

Mick

honestly you could hit the skip button after 3 minutes on every song and it'd be better, lol

they were all 3 minute pop tunes dragged out too ungodly lengths.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

honestly you could hit the skip button after 3 minutes on every song and it'd be better, lol

they were all 3 minute pop tunes dragged out too ungodly lengths.

Mick

True enough, I'll agree to that part.

• Like 1