Roll The Bones (1991): Songs Elimination (Round 5)

_hi_water._

22 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Dreamline
    • Bravado
    • Roll The Bones
    • Where's My Thing?
    • The Big Wheel
    • Ghost Of A Chance
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Dreamline
    • Bravado
    • Roll The Bones
    • Where's My Thing?
    • The Big Wheel
    • Ghost Of A Chance

There seems to be a bunch of people on here who are in complete agreement about the songs on this album.

I actually like You Bet Your Life and Ghost of a Chance. Put 'em up, put 'em up!

Snarlin-Dog.gif

In: Dreamline

Out: The Big Wheel

Rank the Jethro Tull albums, we'll say from 1968 to 1982.

Blimey .... let me think about this!
  • Like 1

I'm asking because I'm listening to Benefit and I think it's forced it's way into being my second favourite TULL album!

• Like 1

OK, after some quick scribblings I have a list.

I have included Living In The Past which isn't really a proper album release as such but I think important enough to be included.

My top 5 are pretty much set in stone but the rest could shift around depending on my mood!

1. Thick As A Brick

2. Aqualung

3. Songs From The Wood

4. Minstrel In The Gallery

5. Living In The Past

6. Heavy Horses

7. Benefit

8. Stand Up

9. A Passion Play

10. This Was ....... really a different sounding band but still important in the Tull history

11. Stormwatch

12. Too Old To Rock n Roll

13. War Child

14. The Broadsword And The Beast

15. A

• Like 1

I'm asking because I'm listening to Benefit and I think it's forced it's way into being my second favourite TULL album!

The favorite being the one that won the Grammy for best metal album of course....

• Like 2

The favorite being the one that won the Grammy for best metal album of course....

:cosmo:

• Like 1

I have included Living In The Past which isn't really a proper album release as such but I think important enough to be included.

My top 5 are pretty much set in stone but the rest could shift around depending on my mood!

1. Thick As A Brick

2. Aqualung

3. Songs From The Wood

5. Living In The Past

6. Heavy Horses

7. Benefit

8. Stand Up

9. A Passion Play

10. This Was ....... really a different sounding band but still important in the Tull history

11. Stormwatch

13. War Child

15. A

That's similar to mine, except of course Benefit is way up higher.

• Like 1

1. Thick As A Brick

2. Aqualung

3. Songs From The Wood

5. Living In The Past

6. Heavy Horses

7. Benefit

8. Stand Up

9. A Passion Play

11. Stormwatch

13. War Child

15. A

Thinking about it, Benefit should probably be above Heavy Horses on my list.
  • Like 1

1. Thick As A Brick

2. Aqualung

3. Songs From The Wood

5. Living In The Past

6. Heavy Horses

7. Benefit

8. Stand Up

9. A Passion Play

11. Stormwatch

13. War Child

15. A

Thinking about it, Benefit should probably be above Heavy Horses on my list.

Meanwhile this is the place where Deep Purple rehearsed just prior to recording their In Rock album in late 1969.

Cuckoo_Schools.jpg

• Like 1

There seems to be a bunch of people on here who are in complete agreement about the songs on this album.

I actually like You Bet Your Life and Ghost of a Chance. Put 'em up, put 'em up!

Snarlin-Dog.gif

I love "You Bet You Life",

but Ghost of a Chance is my least favorite on this album.

In any event, this album was easy to predict.

Neurotica last place, Dreamline first.

I'd say let's just move to the next one, but we need to complete the process- maybe I'll be wrong.

I disagree with the majority probably every step before we get to Dreamline, but I also think Dreamline is the best here.

Why stop there? Under Wraps is terrible, but a lot of the later releases are very good.

• Like 1

Why stop there? Under Wraps is terrible, but a lot of the later releases are very good.

Well list yours then.

• Like 1

Such as Crest of a Knave. Haven't heard the others in great detail. What's the ranking on these?

• Like 1

Snarlin-Dog.gif

I'd say let's just move to the next one, but we need to complete the process- maybe I'll be wrong.

I disagree with the majority probably every step before we get to Dreamline, but I also think Dreamline is the best here.

But where's the fun without all the bitching and petty squabbles? Isn't that the only purpose of these polls?

Anyway (to prove my point), with the utmost respect (which one says when they're probably not being respectful ;) ) Dreamline is good but 2nd placed at best. You just haven't seen (heard???) the light about Ghost. Good solid music compared to the good-but-too-safe Dreamline. Give Rush fans some slightly soppy lyrics and they all start running (or hurling!). Typical nerds!! ;) ;) It can't be all Neil-astute-cleverness you know :P

• Like 1

Snarlin-Dog.gif

But where's the fun without all the bitching and petty squabbles? Isn't that the only purpose of these polls?

Anyway (to prove my point), with the utmost respect (which one says when they're probably not being respectful ;) ) Dreamline is good but 2nd placed at best. You just haven't seen (heard???) the light about Ghost. Good solid music compared to the good-but-too-safe Dreamline. Give Rush fans some slightly soppy lyrics and they all start running (or hurling!). Typical nerds!! ;) ;) It can't be all Neil-astute-cleverness you know :P

Ghost does have nice music, agreed.

I actually like Roll the Bones- You Bet and Neurotica included.

When I first heard Roll the Bones, as Dreamline started, I was thrilled. After Presto it was so welcome.

In keeping with Mr. Anderson's derailing of this thread, here's my Tull.

I've excised Living in the Past as it wasn't a proper studio album- although it would rank high if I included it. I also excised the Christmas album because, at least to me, it doesn't fit.

Many of these could shift readily, but number one is mostly fixed. Number 20 is permanently fixed. At least with 'A' I found my way to liking a few tracks. Under Wraps is abysmal.

1. Heavy Horses

2. Songs From The Wood

3. Aqualung

4. Thick As A Brick

5. War Child

6. Stand Up

7. Minstrel in the Gallery

8. Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die

9. Catfish Rising

10. Crest of a Knave

11. Stormwatch

12. Benefit

13. Roots to Branches

14. Rock Island

15. This Was

16. Passion Play

17. Broadsword and the Beast

18. J-Tull.com

19. A

20. Under Wraps

Snarlin-Dog.gif

A love song for the mon-magical thinker. That's no small feat!

Snarlin-Dog.gif

A love song for the mon-magical thinker. That's no small feat!

Poor ones, if not a dime a dozen, aren't really any sort of significant achievement. At best, it's like getting Vermont Avenue in Monopoly at McDonald's.

In keeping with Mr. Anderson's derailing of this thread, here's my Tull.

I've excised Living in the Past as it wasn't a proper studio album- although it would rank high if I included it. I also excised the Christmas album because, at least to me, it doesn't fit.

Many of these could shift readily, but number one is mostly fixed. Number 20 is permanently fixed. At least with 'A' I found my way to liking a few tracks. Under Wraps is abysmal.

1. Heavy Horses

2. Songs From The Wood

3. Aqualung

4. Thick As A Brick

5. War Child

6. Stand Up

7. Minstrel in the Gallery

8. Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die

9. Catfish Rising

10. Crest of a Knave

11. Stormwatch

12. Benefit