Roll The Bones (1991): Songs Elimination (Round 4)

_hi_water._

25 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Dreamline
    • Bravado
    • Roll The Bones
    • Face Up
    • Where's My Thing?
    • The Big Wheel
    • Ghost Of A Chance
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Dreamline
    • Bravado
    • Roll The Bones
    • Face Up
    • Where's My Thing?
    • The Big Wheel
    • Ghost Of A Chance

Immune: Dreamline

Eliminate: the only Rush song co-written by every guest Oprah's had on Super Soul Sunday accompanied by music that makes Madrigal sound heavier than Reign in Blood by comparison.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

"Looking for luuuurv..."

No thanks. The Big Wheel needs to roll on outta here.

Exactly.

We don't seem to have the :puke: emoticon on here anymore, because that line, and the way it's sung, is worthy of it's use

I somehow managed to forget about that song, and that line, for the first two rounds, otherwise I would have voted it off from the start

"Looking for luuuurv..."

No thanks. The Big Wheel needs to roll on outta here.

Exactly.

We don't seem to have the :puke: emoticon on here anymore, because that line, and the way it's sung, is worthy of it's use

I somehow managed to forget about that song, and that line, for the first two rounds, otherwise I would have voted it off from the start

Here's the club version:

Glad to see the worst three voted off first. Easily some of the least consequential material in Rush's catalogue. Next up: The Big Wheel. It just doesn't do anything, and goes on for at least a minute and a half too long. I see Face Up is likely the next to go. I've always thought Face Up was the least of the evils of RTB. The quick pulse and snappy melodies keep me from getting too bothered about the horrible production, not too mention it's too short to get mad at.

Still immuning Roll The Bones. The best track here? Not really. Dreamline is classic Rush with some wimpy production selling it short, and Bravado is among their most moving works (especially live). Also Where's My Thing is perfectly fun. However, RTB was played on R40, and I happened to be singing it when I learned Neil had passed. So it's my favorite here.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Immune: Dreamline.

Eliminate: Roll The Bones. It's weak and that awful wanna be hiphop stanza jack relax... is so utterly contrived and atrocious I had to reinstall my eyeballs after they'd rolled so far back in my head they came outta my mouth.

• Like 2

Glad to see the worst three voted off first. Easily some of the least consequential material in Rush's catalogue. Next up: The Big Wheel. It just doesn't do anything, and goes on for at least a minute and a half too long. I see Face Up is likely the next to go. I've always thought Face Up was the least of the evils of RTB. The quick pulse and snappy melodies keep me from getting too bothered about the horrible production, not too mention it's too short to get mad at.

Yet it leads the poll right now for next to go. Go figure.
  • Like 1

Yet it leads the poll right now for next to go. Go figure.

Face Up is the Chester A. Arthur of Rush songs. The very definition of non-descript.

Face Up is the Chester A. Arthur of Rush songs. The very definition of non-descript.

Franklin Pierce takes offense

I would consider Neurotica the Franklin Pierce of Rush songs.

• Like 1

Still immuning Roll The Bones. The best track here? Not really. Dreamline is classic Rush with some wimpy production selling it short, and Bravado is among their most moving works (especially live). Also Where's My Thing is perfectly fun. However, RTB was played on R40, and I happened to be singing it when I learned Neil had passed. So it's my favorite here.