Presto (1989): Songs Elimination (Round 6)

_hi_water._

23 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

Show Don't Tell - 2 eliminate votes, 4 immune votes -2

Chain Lightning - 6 eliminate votes, 4 immune votes 2

The Pass - 4 eliminate votes, 8 immune votes -4

Presto - 1 eliminate vote, 3 immune votes -2

Available Light - 8 eliminate votes, 2 immune votes 6

"Available Light" has been eliminated.

11. "Anagram (For Mongo)"

10. "Scars"

9. "Hand Over Fist"

8. "Superconductor"

7. "War Paint"

6. "Red Tide"

5. "Available Light"

LAST ROUND FOR IMMUNITY/KEEPING!

I love this game and my only lament is that I had no idea this was happening until HYF was starting.

I usually ignore the games because the games never interested me. At first this seemed like it should be a poll, I always check the polls.

But the strategic part becomes apparent fairly quickly.

I really want a do over, I wonder if I could have helped out a song I love (or help drop one I don't).

Territories is by far my favorite song off Power, for example. At least missing that game helped me avoid the pain of this groups collective mistake. ☺

In any event- more like this.

Maybe it's already mentioned, but maybe put all the winners in a follow-up game.

• Like 1

Maybe it's already mentioned, but maybe put all the winners in a follow-up game.

Well done lad. You figured out my plans.

Edit: Forgot to say that I never mentioned doing that.

Edited by _hi_water._

If I could wave my magic wand, the title track would have been gone rounds ago.

There are no right or wrong answers for this record: yes, I voted for Presto immunity, but I`m not going to die on that hill.
  • Like 1

Wait how the heck is Available Light not a frontrunner for favorite here? Dang. Best tune on the album easy if you ask me.
  • Like 2

The title track is one that always passed me by unnoticed, until they included it in the setlist for the Time Machine tour.

It still pretty much passes me by unnoticed. Apart from the line "If I could wave my magic wand", I honestly can't remember much else about it off the top of my head right now :huh:

Edited by Your_Lion

The title track is one that always passed me by unnoticed, until they included it in the setlist for the Time Machine tour.

It still pretty much passes me by unnoticed. Apart from the line "If I could wave my magic wand", I honestly can't remember much else about it off the top of my head right now :huh:

Here's a relisten for you:

• Like 1

I'm listening to a Pink Floyd album and I have to agree with the band's own opinions of it to be honest:

Gilmour has said the album was "a load of rubbish. We were at a real down point ... I think we were scraping the barrel a bit at that period" and "a good idea but it was dreadful... Atom Heart Mother sounds like we didn't have any idea between us, but we became much more prolific after it." Similarly, in a 1984 interview on BBC Radio 1, Waters said "If somebody said to me now – right – here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother, I'd say you must be f***ing joking."
Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/5-tqtgQFcHc

Thanks. Yeah, it's alright. I prefer the other three in the poll... but it's alright. Thanks for the reminder

http://youtu.be/5-tqtgQFcHc

Thanks. Yeah, it's alright. I prefer the other three in the poll... but it's alright. Thanks for the reminder

east-coast-rocker-03.1989-1-s.jpg

• Like 1

All four of these songs would have been the first voted off of Moving Pictures. Probably unanimously.
  • Like 2

All four of these songs would have been the first voted off of Moving Pictures. Probably unanimously.

Agreed. The Pass should have been shoehorned into Permanent Waves, maybe between Freewill and Jacob`s Ladder :facepalm: What happened in a decade?

Shocked that Chain Lightning may be bolting next.

:(.

It's my favorite off Presto, but maybe the cheesy "That's Nice" is doing it in.

• Like 1

Shocked that Chain Lightning may be bolting next.

:(.

It's my favorite off Presto, but maybe the cheesy "That's Nice" is doing it in.

Yeah, that ending is a weird recording decision. Chain lightning is a great song, though.
  • Like 1

Mediocrity reigns supreme

If 'I Think I'm Going Bald' were on Presto, it would get my immune vote every round.

• Like 1