RPG: Night Moves vs. Going For The One

Choose one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Bob Seger And The Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves
    • Yes - Going For The One
  2. 2. artist

Hm, a forum full of Rush fans choosing between heartland rock and British prog...I wonder where this will go.

Seger........this days i find myself prog-ed out my 20's was my prog era and i still enjoy it but the frequency at which i play it is WAY less.

Seger is just straight forward rock. and i appreciate straight forward more in my old age, lol

Mick

• Like 4

Seger........this days i find myself prog-ed out my 20's was my prog era and i still enjoy it but the frequency at which i play it is WAY less.

Seger is just straight forward rock. and i appreciate straight forward more in my old age, lol

Mick

I find that I also like more straightforward music as I get older. If a band comes out with an album that is 40 something minutes long, I'm overjoyed that I don't have to go through the chore of trying to digest 80 mins of new music lol.

Seger was always one of my parents favorite artists. So, I grew up listening to him a lot. Fantastic storytelling in his songs. I have seen him live twice and both times I felt like I was too young to be there. His audience really does lean on the older side.

• Like 2

I wonder if my dad went to this to see Seger. Also, a minor nitpick but Rich stadium is not in Buffalo, NY. It's about a half hour drive south of the city in Orchard Park, NY.

Night Moves is the only Seger album I can say I've enjoyed from beginning to end. It's a really great album, versus a yes album I've heard a handful of times over the years and never liked. [i am most definitely a Yes fan though]