Hold Your Fire (1987): Songs Elimination (Round 7)

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

"Turn The Page" has been eliminated.

10. "Tai Shan"

9. "High Water"

8. "Second Nature"

7. "Lock And Key"

6. "Open Secrets"

5. "Turn The Page"

LAST ROUND TO IMMUNIZE!

Time for the chamber music, with kind of a f**k you fans message, to go. We're a long way from.2112 here.
  • Like 2

Would you care to explain how Turn The Page got the most votes for Immunity, but still got Eliminated?

What good does winning Immunity have if it doesn't work?

It's max(E - I), with the tb lost by the song with the most eliminate votes.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Would you care to explain how Turn The Page got the most votes for Immunity, but still got Eliminated?

Bullshit. Immunity is not conditional as in "This song is immune as long as it doesn't get the most votes to be eliminated."

Bullshit. Immunity is not conditional as in "This song is immune as long as it doesn't get the most votes to be eliminated."

It's a fair way to run this, but perhaps hi-water could have used a different term than immune.

It's a fair way to run this, but perhaps hi-water could have used a different term than immune.

Why bother with the concept at all if it's not going to mean anything?

If a song gets the most immunity votes, but also gets the most elimination votes, it is immune, even if it gets more elimination votes than it got immunity votes.

Mission is a top 3 song easy. And if this goes how I want it the top three will be just as I predicted a few threads ago.

A pretty fair last four.

I chose to eliminate Mission as I just prefer the other three!

• Like 1

A pretty fair last four.

I chose to eliminate Mission as I just prefer the other three!

Mission is all very nice as a soaring and uplifting number, but it feels like a frivolous use of the three band members in question.
  • Like 1

If a song gets the most immunity votes, but also gets the most elimination votes, it is immune, even if it gets more elimination votes than it got immunity votes.

Maybe there could definitely be a better term than "immune".

But the purpose of "immune" is to take away 'eliminate' points. For example if a song had 5 eliminate votes, but 3 immune votes, then it would only count as 2 eliminate votes. Immune could sometimes mean the song is immune for that round, but in some cases, no.

• Like 1

I withdrew my votes for this round in protest.

That'll show 'em!

I agree with you, though. Immune should be immune, and the next eliminated track should go.

• Like 1

Maybe, definitely, yes.

But the purpose of "immune" is to take away 'eliminate' points. For example if a song had 5 eliminate votes, but 3 immune votes, then it would only count as 2 eliminate votes. Immune could sometimes mean the song is immune for that round, but in some cases, no.

Did you ever spell that out in the scores of polls you've made?

Immune means immune from elimination, not "less hurt."

To me it looks like the rules are being changed in the middle of the game to achieve a desired outcome by the person running the poll.

To me it looks like the rules are being changed in the middle of the game to achieve a desired outcome by the person running the poll.

Fraud!!!

Nope - rules have always been the same.

But... if you'd like... I could give out the elimination results of every round - where I would show how many 'eliminate' votes each song got, and minus those 'eliminate' votes with the 'immune' votes. I hope I worded that okay enough...

That's how I've always understood the rules :huh:

I personally think that having "immunes" (whatever that means to the beholder) is a bit troublesome in the sense that it becomes more tactical than what songs we actually like best/actually want to keep around sometimes. It would be interesting to see how different the results would be if we just didn't have them at all.
  • Like 3

I personally think that having "immunes" (whatever that means to the beholder) is a bit troublesome in the sense that it becomes more tactical than what songs we actually like best/actually want to keep around sometimes. It would be interesting to see how different the results would be if we just didn't have them at all.

Without the immunities, the results would likely be just like they are in any other favourite song poll. Check the results in the Totem Polls subforum.

It's the immunities, and the tactical voting nature, that actually turns it into more of a game (this IS in the games subforum, after all)

Edited by Your_Lion

Just use keep instead of immune. There are probably dozens of words that would work. The concept is fine (it's the voting that's off when chamber music like Mission is still around.)
  • Like 1