Hold Your Fire (1987): Songs Elimination (Round 4)

_hi_water._

22 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock And Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page

I voted to make "Turn the Page" immune because it's never irritated me.

I voted to eliminate "Second Nature" because I could not now, even under physical or emotional duress, hum the melody or sing you a single lyric of that one; utterly forgettable.

I voted to make "Turn the Page" immune because it's never irritated me.

I voted to eliminate "Second Nature" because I could not now, even under physical or emotional duress, hum the melody or sing you a single lyric of that one; utterly forgettable.

I can summon up the chorus in my head. It`s a long way from The Temples of Syrinx.
  • Like 2

I have found the voting process difficult for HYF due to the quite negative opinions I have for a lot of the songs...

and guess what??? ...

It's Presto next!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I like Lock and Key actually too.

Seems like most TRFers don't HYF much, but the tracks they do like are the slow dirges and and female backing vocal tracks! Makes no sense...

• Like 2

Come on guys, I want to see Turn the Page gone. Lock and Key is a nice song.

Turn the Page is a great underrated track!

N o t h i n g

C a n

S u r v i v e

I n

A

V a c u u m

Seems like most TRFers don't HYF much, but the tracks they do like are the slow dirges and and female backing vocal tracks! Makes no sense...

#madrigal

#madrigal

That's a f***ing good song snow goose!

• Like 2

Surely, Mission is the most boring one left?

Stop squabbling over the decent ones and eject the boring ones please (if you have any sense!).

I know I'm "...swimming against the stream..." and all that (hang on, that's from the previous album.

#madrigal

:goodone: #madrigal, indeed.
  • Like 1

"Nothing can survive in a vacuum"

This is the opening lyric to "Turn The Page"

20210503_hotelsSafeBooking_3x2.jpg

It`s not true anyway. I`ve got fluff, bits of grass, human and cat hair in my vacuum.
  • Like 3

While the "slow dirge" is my favourite track, I do actually really enjoy the whole HYF album :)
  • Like 1

I think a particular song is about to be disengaged....

Spoke too soon

_hi_water, just keep the poll open until enough people change their votes to allow Lock and Key to survive.

While the "slow dirge" is my favourite track, I do actually really enjoy the whole HYF album :)

Yeah I do, and when I say "slow dirge" it's just a phrase for within the confines of this thread, where it's a kind of Lord of the Flies situation for RUSH songs.

• Like 1

Yeah I do, and when I say "slow dirge" it's just a phrase for within the confines of this thread, where it's a kind of Lord of the Flies situation for RUSH songs.

I could have sworn before my hiatus, HYF was generally a well received album around here.

I guess with old members leaving, and new members arriving, the balance has shifted against it

• Like 1

I think a particular song is about to be disengaged....

Spoke too soon

Yes. seems to be. The page has turned.

Achievement unlocked. LOL.