Hold Your Fire (1987): Songs Elimination (Round 3)

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock And Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page

Going to be hard to call from this point forward. These songs are all at pretty much the same level of meh.
  • Like 1

Going to be hard to call from this point forward. These songs are all at pretty much the same level of meh.

All of em?

Can some of them be emphatically meh, while others are just mildly meh? That about sums it up.

• Like 1

All of em?

Can some of them be emphatically meh, while others are just mildly meh? That about sums it up.

A couple are banging on the table, bellowing "Meh!!!" in somebody`s face, a couple are shoulder-shrugglingly "Meh", and a few more are a whispered, embarrassed, hushed "meh".
  • Like 1

Mission, it's pretty good but a bit of a slow dirge compared to the rest of the songs left on the list.

The outro solo really soars though.
  • Like 3

Second Nature. It's ok but easily my least favorite of those remaining. I'm not entirely sure how I'd rank the rest though so this could soon become really difficult.

Mission's instrumental break and bridge is one of my absolute favorite Rush moments so I'll be defending that one for a while.

All of em?

For me anyway, yeah. Each with it's own good and bad....but they all pretty much round out to a 6 or 7 out of 10. Never much cared for HYF.

Mission, it's pretty good but a bit of a slow dirge compared to the rest of the songs left on the list.

I think you forgot that "Second Nature" is still in the game (although it won't be next round)

I think you forgot that "Second Nature" is still in the game (although it won't be next round)

No I like that one.

I think Second Nature starts out a bit unimpressive with the dull keyboard notes and the very empty (sound-wise) opening verse, but the chorus is good, especially the vocal melody and guitar, the bass is great too. And once we get to the second verse the bass is suddenly present and the other empty space is filled out with other synth parts which makes the whole thing sound better and come alive.
  • Like 2

I think Second Nature starts out a bit unimpressive with the dull keyboard notes and the very empty (sound-wise) opening verse, but the chorus is good, especially the vocal melody and guitar, the bass is great too. And once we get to the second verse the bass is suddenly present and the other empty space is filled out with other synth parts which makes the whole thing sound better and come alive.

I think it's a goner though.